CFB Film Room's Advanced Stats from CFP Championship Game

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
The Coker to Howard info is misleading (#6)..... 2-2 for two TDs when targeting OJ deep. This is a perfect example when the stats do not reflect how the game unfolds. 1-1 for 1 TD is accurate.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Coker to Howard info is misleading (#6)..... 2-2 for two TDs when targeting OJ deep. This is a perfect example when the stats do not reflect how the game unfolds. 1-1 for 1 TD is accurate.
No. The stat is correct. Read what they wrote:

Howard was targeted at 25 or more yards downfield just three times all season (with two receptions). But Coker was 2-2 on his deep targets to Howard against Clemson, resulting in 104 yards and two touchdowns.
The first TD came when Alabama had the ball at its own 47 yard line. OJ caught the ball at the Clemson 25 yard line, which means he was 28 yards down field.

The second TD came with the ball on the Alabama 49 yard line, and OJ caught the ball on the Clemson 17, which means he was 34 yards down field.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
No. The stat is correct. Read what they wrote:

The first TD came when Alabama had the ball at its own 47 yard line. OJ caught the ball at the Clemson 25 yard line, which means he was 28 yards down field.

The second TD came with the ball on the Alabama 49 yard line, and OJ caught the ball on the Clemson 17, which means he was 34 yards down field.
Yep....got my plays "blurred" together. Apologies here.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
All five of Clemson's starting OL graded out higher than all five of Alabama's.

If you had told me that would happen before the game I would have said we were going to lose by two scores at least.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
This part stood out to me the most. What an incredible stat line.

Coker was 9-11 for 252 yards and two touchdowns when facing pressure from Clemson.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
This part stood out to me the most. What an incredible stat line.

Coker was 9-11 for 252 yards and two touchdowns when facing pressure from Clemson.
Me as well. Just more evidence of his progression. Doesn't stare down receivers as often and CLK designing plays around his strengths. Can only imagine how Blake Barnett stats will look under CLK for 3-4 years. SICK!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.