2015 was the hottest year on record

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, the earth's been in business a few billion years, and we have measured (pretty haphazardly) the last 135 years, (try to do that percentage) so that's enough for 'experts' to declare whats 'normal'.

So you just keep your mouth shut you denier and like the science we feed you.
meanwhile its january and my cherry trees were budding last week

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
meanwhile its january and my cherry trees were budding last week

...and they are freezing this week. So what does that mean to those who claim we have global warming one minute and global cooling the next minute, followed by "climate change?"

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
...and they are freezing this week. So what does that mean to those who claim we have global warming one minute and global cooling the next minute, followed by "climate change?"
no one claims cooling, a few scientists did in the 70's and newsweek and a few others ran with it wrongly then. This has been brought up in other threads, not that facts matter

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And guess what? Next year will be hotter and the next and the next......and if it isn't? Well, they'll just tell us the warming has paused but will continue.

You know, like they've done before.

Then they'll jigger the books and say there NEVER was a pause, like they did last fall.

Btw - it isn't just some science denial garbage to question predictions. As I've noted before - too many other 'doomsday predictions' that never even came close to passing, like Ehrlich's "The Population Bomb," AIDS wiping us all out via the heterosexual epidemic (that never would have happened), and on and on.

Jon's right, though - nobody has said anything about cooling in forever. It was on the cover of "Time" I think twice in the 1970s.

But then again - we WERE taught this cooling thing in the public schools.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Hottest year where? No way it was hotter in north Alabama...2012 had 64 days over 90deg and 12 days over 100deg. I think that was the year we set a "record" for most consecutive days w/out the temp going below 70deg. It's all relative, imo.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Figures don't lie... Liars figure.... BTW.... What is the perfect temperature for earth and how do we obtain it ? :conf3:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
You can't just sit on the fence on this issue. C'mon Man, take a STAND!
I think its a hybrid. I think there are natural occurrences such as solar patterns, volcanic eruptions, etc. that affect our climate and then there's overpopulation, nuclear waste dumping into the Pacific Ocean, smog, etc. that also affect the climate.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
With oil below $27 a barrel I expect that trend to continue. Viability of renewables are difficult at $100 a barrel. Can you imagine the cost of subsidizing corn enough to make ethanol economically attractive in the short term?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Global climate isn't determined by your local weather.

It actually was the second warmest year for the CONUS.
I've seen enough of your posts to consider you personally responsible. However, us so-called right-wing science deniers (e.g. ANYONE who does not toe the global warming media asserted line - and given I work in a lab, I'm neither) don't have to look very far to find global warming alarmists arguing the exact same way they disallow in reverse.

Minnesota Climate Change

Look here in the middle of all this:

On July 19, 2011, Moorhead was the hottest, most humid spot on Earth. Its 88°F dew point and 134°F heat index eclipsed the Amazon Jungle—the only other place in the Western Hemisphere with a dew point in the 80s.

(I'm no genius, but appealing to ONE TEMPERATURE in ONE LOCALE on ONE DAY sure sounds a lot like appealing to LOCAL temperature to me - and a heat index at that).

Then just google moorhead minnesota 134 degrees climate change and see how many sites come up like this one.

but, of course, the moment it's freezing your appendages off???? ALSO proof of climate change!!!!

And THAT is what bothers a lot of us. It's a lot like modern-day charismatic Christians who find 'miracles' everywhere, like an empty parking space when they need one. If everything is a miracle, we can have miracles all the time.

And if EVERYTHING causes climate change......and if the ONLY answers are:

a) the climate is warming
b) the warming has slowed but still warming
c) the warming has paused

it doesn't take a genius to see through that.

What would be necessary to actually convince a climate change scientist that climate change is NOT occurring (and he can go, you know, find another line of work like pumping gas at the local Citgo)?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.