Why havent the players carried Coach Saban on their shoulders after winning a title?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
They did it with Bryant.They did it with Stallings.Even Bill Parcells got carried off after a Superbowl.If anyone deserves it it's coach Saban.Do coaches just not get carried off like that anymore?It's always one of the main images that sticks with coaches over time.After 4 titles i'm surprised it hasn't been done.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It might just be that Coach Saban's routine is trotting onto the field to greet the loosing coach. It makes him happy.
Our coach is a PRO coach in style and practice...
I know he's not fond of the Gator Aid Bath either...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It's a great tradition. ....much better than a gatorade bath.
Not a big deal, but I was a little surprised it was Henry that dumped the Gatorade on Saban after the big game. It doesn't seem like the most respectful thing a player could do.

I think a trip around the field on the players' shoulders would be much better.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Coach Stallings got the gatorade bath and was carried off the field as well.
And seeing his expression was priceless, and so was Coach Bryant picking him up after the Cotton Bowl. Maybe coach Saban is not the type to be carried, which is fine with me. I don't think the practice is over, I am sure Dabo would have been hoisted on shoulders. You have one coach that is liked and another that is looked up to.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I think, for better or worse, it isn't the fashion now. Remember, also, until the BCS came along, you didn't get a national championship trophy at the bowl game, so there wasn't a big ceremony on the field. I remember driving back to Tuscaloosa from New Orleans after the Sugar Bowl win against Penn State still waiting for the AP poll to come out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.