Opposing Offenses Called for 5 Total Holding Penalties Against Alabama in 2015

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
And not a single holding call versus Clemson in the championship game. Jackson, our right tackle got flagged at least twice (which was deserved) but the center/guard combinations for Clemson literally "form tackled" our d-lineman at times during the game.
Even though we won, I think this was a poorly officiated game. I know we were flagged for a pass interference call, and it was correct, but Clemson got away with the same thing on our next offensive series. I do not think the refs cost Clemson the game, nor do I think they would have cost us the game, but they were very inconsistent!!!!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
And not a single holding call versus Clemson in the championship game. Jackson, our right tackle got flagged at least twice (which was deserved) but the center/guard combinations for Clemson literally "form tackled" our d-lineman at times during the game.
Dont forget about the DLs lining up in the neutral zone so deep you could see it from the upper deck and TV. But somehow the LJ standing 25yds away right on the line couldnt see it...

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Dont forget about the DLs lining up in the neutral zone so deep you could see it from the upper deck and TV. But somehow the LJ standing 25yds away right on the line couldnt see it...

That was bad enough but the holding on Ridley, that was never called, was ridiculous!

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
After the penalty, the same player was lined up even further into the neutral zone, if I remember correctly. And nearly as bad on the next play, too.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
After the penalty, the same player was lined up even further into the neutral zone, if I remember correctly. And nearly as bad on the next play, too.
If you watch replay of game and look for offsides it was the case most of the first half. I'm guessing Bama coaches finally picked up on it at half time and said something to refs because I did not spot it in second half, but in first it occurred many more times than the announcers picked up on.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.