Opposing Offenses Called for 5 Total Holding Penalties Against Alabama in 2015

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The title says it all.

Alabama accepted three (Wisconsin, Middle Tennessee State, and Florida) of the five (Arkansas and LSU's penalties were declined) holding penalties. Some teams were called for holding on kick returns, but I did not include those.

I guess that's why Alabama was able to be the only FBS team to record at least 50 sacks plus record over 100 TFLs this year.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Wow! That's really surprising.

I remember a play in the Tennessee game where it sounded like the whole crowd was calling for holding by the Vols right tackle.

Alabama has an unfair advantage having the best players. Refs must think it's up to them to level the playing field.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
And not a single holding call versus Clemson in the championship game. Jackson, our right tackle got flagged at least twice (which was deserved) but the center/guard combinations for Clemson literally "form tackled" our d-lineman at times during the game.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I remember a play in the Tennessee game where it sounded like the whole crowd was calling for holding by the Vols right tackle.
I suppose tackling isn't actually holding? Heh...

We all know something was up though with that holding thing. I mean we've seen multiple holding calls in single games when a guy is trying to keep a strong pass rusher from getting to the QB. Alabama had one of the best pass rushing teams in the nation, only 5 holding calls? Nope, not buying it... something's up with that.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
The title says it all.

Alabama accepted three (Wisconsin, Middle Tennessee State, and Florida) of the five (Arkansas and LSU's penalties were declined) holding penalties. Some teams were called for holding on kick returns, but I did not include those.
I was thinking of this yesterday. Do you know how many holding calls our oline was called for?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have watch several of our games in replay the past few days. I was surprised at how many holding calls we not called. Some were even pointed out by the announcers. I guess it is what it is, judgement calls.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This seems to be a consistent theme for us year to year...and all the opponents want to complain about is that we don't get called for enough holds. Figures.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.