News Article: National Championship Cans Why not bottles I wonder

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I had a complete set of the Star Wars cans back in the late 90's (i guess??), and a bunch of them started leaking after several years. I won't be wasting my money on the cans. I got bottles the last three times.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Somehow I managed to completely miss getting a couple of the bottles following the 2012 championship. I began searching again recently only to rediscover that they're not easy to find - unless you're willing to pay $15 or so for one on ebay.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Cheaper to produce. Glass-bottled Coke, of any kind, is very expensive, if you haven't noticed. The ones that I will buy at my local grocer are bottled in Mexico and they still are about $1.50/bottle.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
I had a complete set of the Star Wars cans back in the late 90's (i guess??), and a bunch of them started leaking after several years. I won't be wasting my money on the cans. I got bottles the last three times.
I have a can from the '92 championship, and mine did the same thing....so I put a pinhole in the bottom and drained it, and set it back on the shelf. Those cans are notorious for doing that.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
You should move the cans around every now and then. If you don't, the acid will settle and eat through the can.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.