CFP Coach's Film Room presentation Bama vs Clemson

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Good stuff. Really enjoyed the little bit I watched. Looking forward to watching it all tonight.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I thought this was fantastic. I didn't perceive any one coach pulling outwardly against us...I think they saw the flaws we all saw and know that we were making a lot of mistakes. The insight was a lot of fun to watch. Made me like Jim McElwain even more. He's gonna stick around and probably give a lot of people headaches in the future. On one 3rd down play they asked what he thought the call was gonna be and he said "Something short that's a catch a run...probably even a screen." I was thinking, "No, that's what YOU would have called back in the day Jim!" It ended up being a botched run play to the right with Henry.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
I thought this was fantastic. I didn't perceive any one coach pulling outwardly against us...I think they saw the flaws we all saw and know that we were making a lot of mistakes. The insight was a lot of fun to watch. Made me like Jim McElwain even more. He's gonna stick around and probably give a lot of people headaches in the future. On one 3rd down play they asked what he thought the call was gonna be and he said "Something short that's a catch a run...probably even a screen." I was thinking, "No, that's what YOU would have called back in the day Jim!" It ended up being a botched run play to the right with Henry.
good insight

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I watched that the day after the NC game.....it showed me that McElwain has tons of respect for Coach Saban and Alabama still.....still calls Coach Saban "Coach" and not Nick....from what I remember most of the time.

Muschamp knew Coach Saban and Kirby's defensive calls/ideas, since that is his defensive principles as well.......

Coach Taggart just basically talked about Momentum the entire time...

Fedora did mention several times Clemson's special teams were ranked near the bottom of the entire country....

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Finally got around to watching this, there's some nice insight in there. CJM, CWM, and CLF kept the X's and O's in the forefront, which is refreshingly different. CWT talked more to the intangibles, which complemented well. I would like to see more of these.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Finally got around to watching this, there's some nice insight in there. CJM, CWM, and CLF kept the X's and O's in the forefront, which is refreshingly different. CWT talked more to the intangibles, which complemented well. I would like to see more of these.
I agree that it was cool to watch well after the game, but no way I could have listened to that during the game.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com
Enjoyed it immensely. Noted that the OC in the room kept wondering why we stayed in bunch all night, which caused the CB to be available in run support. Got the impression that CJM did not completely agree with CLK in the plan.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Watched it and enjoyed it. They made good points about all the bunched offensive formations, they played right into clemson's hands and allowed them to play 2 safeties while using their CBs for run support. Of course the TE TD pkays worked in part because Kiffin figured this out & spread the field

Fedora showed a little ACC bias but not too bad, and in spite of that I thought he and McIlwain were the best, with Muschamp a distant 3rd.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com
Watched it and enjoyed it. They made good points about all the bunched offensive formations, they played right into clemson's hands and allowed them to play 2 safeties while using their CBs for run support. Of course the TE TD pkays worked in part because Kiffin figured this out & spread the field

Fedora showed a little ACC bias but not too bad, and in spite of that I thought he and McIlwain were the best, with Muschamp a distant 3rd.
Agree. CJM was by far the best, had the most insight and was almost calling the plays. (or what should have been run). When CNS finally does retire (hopefully 10 years from now) CJM is my personal #1 to replace him. (with Kirby being 1A, but getting them may be difficult)

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Enjoyed it immensely. Noted that the OC in the room kept wondering why we stayed in bunch all night, which caused the CB to be available in run support. Got the impression that CJM did not completely agree with CLK in the plan.
I'm glad one of these guys who knows more than me was wondering, because I was as well. Bunching up like we kept doing brought the corner in and made it easier for the S to make plays in the box. Maybe it was all to setup those wide plays to howard, but it certainly bottled up the running game

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Mac and Fedora really added some unique insight, IMO, discussing the nuts and bolts of the offensive play-calling. I hope they do more of these.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
I'm glad one of these guys who knows more than me was wondering, because I was as well. Bunching up like we kept doing brought the corner in and made it easier for the S to make plays in the box. Maybe it was all to setup those wide plays to howard, but it certainly bottled up the running game
agreed

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.