Link: Replacing Derrick Henry:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'm pretty sure Yeldon was also the feature back as a sophomore in 2013, but I am getting old and forgetful and could be wrong. I think we are in good shape with Harris and Bo. I look forward to seeing them both behind the first string line. I think they both run hard and with power.
You're right, I guess his load carrying as a freshman threw me off. He played significantly as a Freshman, I believe he ran for 100 yards his first game. So what is unusual is the mystery of knowing next years starter as the #2 back the previous year. All other starting backs were #2 on the depth chart the previous year and were in regular rotation, starting with Ingram.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
JMO, but if Harris couldn't see the field at the RB position this season, with all of your injuries, he is a long way off.
DH certainly didn't light it up, but IMO his lack of playing time had more to do with Henry carrying the load.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
DH certainly didn't light it up, but IMO his lack of playing time had more to do with Henry carrying the load.
Imo, it was strictly about productivity. Harris had plenty of opportunities to increase his playing time. He would always seem to run into a pile of Oline. I am hoping another year changes that. but we saw greatness very early from our NFL RB's. Bo did what Ingram, Trent, Lacy and TJ all did with few carries........it is going to take 5 of you to take me down.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I think everybody with a pair of eyeballs is excited about Scarborough.

The real test will be: How is his consistency? How does he hold up to an SEC schedule? At what stage is his mental toughness? Even with a split-back system he will still need these traits to be successful. I think his versatility and the level of play and competition in high-school has allowed him to develop quicker than Derrick Henry. He's used to catching a ball out of the backfield, he already seems to have a little experience picking up blitzes...heck, he'd even line up out wide.

We can all speculate, but it's never clear until you reach the meat of the schedule, like Arkansas or Tennessee. I'd wager he does pretty good for himself.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.