Football and Track:
Tony Brown
Marlon Humphrey
Anthony Averett
Xavian Marks
Kendall Sheffield

Football and Baseball:
Keith Holcombe

FYI: CNS doesn't mind his players playing in different sports as long it doesn't mess with their grades or their responsibilities.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
List of players that are playing participating in other sports:
Football and Track:
Tony Brown
Marlon Humphrey
Anthony Averett
Xavian Marks
Kendall Sheffield

Football and Baseball:
Keith Holcombe

FYI: CNS doesn't mind his players playing in different sports as long it doesn't mess with their grades or their responsibilities.
Every great athlete I have known, and me except take away great, has always been blessed by the head coach for running track. It just keeps you fit all year long. It is rare to see a player excel in two top tier sports, like Bo Jackson did with Football and Baseball at Auburn.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I would love to see the receivers such has Charlot, Foster, Stewart, Ridley to run track this spring. They could do 4x400, 4x100 relay thing.
Ridley seems awful fast. He has the highest leg step, or whatever it's called, that I have seen at bama. His upper legs are nearly parallel to the ground when he hits his top gear.

Yes, track is good. Injuries are minimal compared to the conditioning you get.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Track for some of the guys would be great, especially the shorter distances because there's a lot of emphasis on the explosive start which can build a lot of quickness that's very useful for the skills guys.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.