News Article: Why Alabama is Encouraged About Future of QB Blake Barnett

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe BB just doesn't have great technique running the 40. He might not get out the gate like guys who specifically work on bettering their 40 times. Go back and watch all his So, Jr, and Sr. Highlights and see if you think it's looks like he's running 4.8-4.9. He is crazy fast for a QB and looks more around 4.6 to me with the naked eye. Of course it's all splitting hairs really. His football speed in pads is legit.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
CB has been loyal. I'm just one opinion, but I'm ready for a guy to lead our team for multiple years like AJ was able to do. Can't argue with the success we had with BS or JC, but I think we won in spite of them being first year guys rather than because of it. QB experience and stability, especially into the 2 or 3 year is typically better than the annual swinging gate.
.I agree, I even went as far to say that I thought winning last year NC would make it a great time to start a more promising underclassman, even at the expense of the first few games.....if it was thought that he would be the best of the bunch by midseason.

I have been pulling for Blake since the first day he stepped on campus, I just hope he just has lean muscles like a wrestler. Pictures can be very deceiving, as all muscles are not the same. You can have two people that look similar and one has more twitch fiber and other properties. My wish is that Barnett wins the job, and I have gone overboard on it, but lest the best man win. My only concern is losing him on a transfer. If he has more potential, and it is obvious, put the dude in, my opinion.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.