Weather Reports From Your Area?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Snowing here still. Prolly less than 2" so far. Blowing horizontal at times from northwest. Can't get my weeny dog to go out. He has no idea what snow is. Looks at me like "REALLY! YOU WANT ME TO DUMP IN THIS?!?.............. Naw"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Been snowing for about five hours in the DC area. Not supposed to end until tomorrow night. Expecting 20+ inches of snow. Going to be bunkered in at least through the weekend.

My daughter requests emergency air drops of hot chocolate.
My daughter and family are in West Springfield. They are bunkered in also...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We ended up with about 3" total on Monte Sano. However, the temp has gone down to 23F so far. In getting back home today in the blustery mixed rain and snow, I left a couple of wine bottles in my truck. 12% wine freezes at around 15F. So, I have a dilemma. Do I chance it or do I bundle up and trudge out to rescue them? Usually one can tell from the dewpoint, that representing the "floor" for the temps, but it keeps sinking along with the temps, 21F at present. Worry, worry...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Saw a couple flurries here in Shelby County...but nothing really going on yet. We are in southern Shelby County, so we usually don't get that much. It always is north of us.
That's about what we got at Bynum in Calhoun County, it melted on the roads & in the grass, but, surprisingly got the hood & top of my Dodge Durango white..Still don't understand why school let out early at the Calhoun County Schools though cause the 1st snowflake didn't fall until after 6..Go figure..

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That's about what we got at Bynum in Calhoun County, it melted on the roads & in the grass, but, surprisingly got the hood & top of my Dodge Durango white..Still don't understand why school let out early at the Calhoun County Schools though cause the 1st snowflake didn't fall until after 6..Go figure..
I think after the debacle in Atlanta a couple of years ago they would rather be safe than sorry.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

It "snowed" for about an hour but never stuck. Shelby county did not let out early. Every other school system around us got out early.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think after the debacle in Atlanta a couple of years ago they would rather be safe than sorry.
yeah, there has been an overabundance of caution here, but it is understandable after two years ago.

we are still getting heavy flurries this morning and lawns and roofs are dusted.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
yeah, there has been an overabundance of caution here, but it is understandable after two years ago.

we are still getting heavy flurries this morning and lawns and roofs are dusted.
roads are starting to get dusty in Vinings. I just heard someone slide and hit something.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
This will go on for the next few years until we relax again. Then we'll get smacked by another one and the cycle will start anew.
yup, it has always been this way. Heard a reporter grilling our Governor and questioning Atlanta's mayor on this yesterday afternoon. Same reporter who was blaming them 2 years ago for doing nothing was trying to get a rise out of them for doing something too soon. There is no way to win at this

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.