Odds on Bama Starting QB Next Year - Post Yours and Reason Why

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
I see the odds on one of the gentlemen below being the next Bama starting QB as being.....

Barnett - 40%
Bateman - 30%
Cornwell - 25%
Hurts - 5%

Barnett seems to be the favorite, but he hasn't had any college game experience, and still has a lot to prove......I would have made him a little higher than 40%, but god forbid, there can always be a pre-season injury. Bateman is the only one with sec game experience, and could be the perfect game manager with speed to scramble and get upfield. Cornwell needs to get back in good with the coaching staff, but don't count him out, he could have a break-out Spring with his combination of size, arm strength, and ability to run when he has to. Jalen is the long-shot, as a true freshman, but if you've seen his tape, he is the real deal, extremely smooth in all facets of the game for a kid right out of high school......and would you bet your whole 401k on a 20 to 1 bet?!!!!!

What do you guys think? ...would love to hear your honest, reasonable opinions.

Roll tide!!!!!.....don't know about you guys, but I'm still riding the high of that fantastic Monday night, not too long ago. In fact, I'm driving my wife and kid crazy with all the times I keep watching the game. I think my neighbors literally a mile away heard me yelling Roll Tide off my balcony after that sensational victory! Yes, we are all crazy out here in California!!!!!! RTR!!!!!!!!

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Great question. I wish I knew more about these things, so my answer.

IDK - 100%

Chance the starter wins a title next year - 75%

If forced at gun point I would say Barnett.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll wait for 'sip to give his prediction because people have told him how wrong he was for the last 2 years only for him to be right. But I would say either Barnett or Cornwell without seeing what unfolds in the spring and fall.

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I am going to say it is Barnett. The biggest reason is hype.
Yes. He is on paper the highest rated and hyped quarterback of all Saban QB recruits, period. So his losing out to a sophomore will be disappointing, all personal feelings aside. He is projected as a future NFL quarterback, so with a higher ceiling, you want him to succeed. Coming off a NC is a perfect time to start a RS Freshman imo.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I was completely wrong in my prediction this past year about Jake (i gladly admit that because the guy is a winner).

I will withhold my prediction on this one because i think all of these guys are super talented. We are probably in the best shape at QB we have ever been

Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I feel confident It will be Barnett. I expect Barnett, Cornwell to battle it out in the fall camp. Bateman will hang around for a while, but will struggle at some point.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
Humbly speaking, and without the "inner circle" info that so many of you seem to have, I like Bateman to start. While he could have played better, esp. against Ole Siss, I think he will excell without having Coker breathing down his neck.

I will say this, I have been concerned about who is going to replace who over the past few years, but I learned that CNS actually does know what he is doing. Whatever he decides, I am for it!!!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Humbly speaking, and without the "inner circle" info that so many of you seem to have, I like Bateman to start. While he could have played better, esp. against Ole Siss, I think he will excell without having Coker breathing down his neck.

I will say this, I have been concerned about who is going to replace who over the past few years, but I learned that CNS actually does know what he is doing. Whatever he decides, I am for it!!!
If Barnett does get beat out, I would rather it be from a Junior than a sophomore. All personal feelings aside. I want this guy to hang around, he would have started at 75% of the FBS schools as a true freshman. Look at the career's of the Elite 11 camp MVP's. We might have an ace.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
I see the odds on one of the gentlemen below being the next Bama starting QB as being.....

Barnett - 40%
Bateman - 30%
Cornwell - 25%
Hurts - 5%

Barnett seems to be the favorite, but he hasn't had any college game experience, and still has a lot to prove......I would have made him a little higher than 40%, but god forbid, there can always be a pre-season injury. Bateman is the only one with sec game experience, and could be the perfect game manager with speed to scramble and get upfield. Cornwell needs to get back in good with the coaching staff, but don't count him out, he could have a break-out Spring with his combination of size, arm strength, and ability to run when he has to. Jalen is the long-shot, as a true freshman, but if you've seen his tape, he is the real deal, extremely smooth in all facets of the game for a kid right out of high school......and would you bet your whole 401k on a 20 to 1 bet?!!!!!

What do you guys think? ...would love to hear your honest, reasonable opinions.

Roll tide!!!!!.....don't know about you guys, but I'm still riding the high of that fantastic Monday night, not too long ago. In fact, I'm driving my wife and kid crazy with all the times I keep watching the game. I think my neighbors literally a mile away heard me yelling Roll Tide off my balcony after that sensational victory! Yes, we are all crazy out here in California!!!!!! RTR!!!!!!!!
I just watched it again this morning. We won again!!!

I like Barnett to be the starter this year with Bateman on the headset. I would love to see Cornwell make a push. And hope Hurts gets a redshirt.

Roll Tide!!!

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
If Barnett does get beat out, I would rather it be from a Junior than a sophomore. All personal feelings aside. I want this guy to hang around, he would have started at 75% of the FBS schools as a true freshman. Look at the career's of the Elite 11 camp MVP's. We might have an ace.
Hard to argue with that!!!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Cornwell is the man next year.
I said the same this time last year. It's possible because he has all the tools but seems to be lacking the right attitude. That's seriously stunted his development. So.....

1 - Barnett
2 - Bateman
3 - Cornwell
RS - Hurts

Barnett can declare after 2 more seasons. Hurts gets 2-3 years to develop and get playing time much like AJ did behind G-Mac. Just hope CLK stays on to help.

RTR!!!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I think Bateman is the "starting" QB going into the spring and maybe even start in the fall, but I'm speculating Barnett beats him out and ends up being the starter by say, game 3.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Bateman is the "starting" QB going into the spring and maybe even start in the fall, but I'm speculating Barnett beats him out and ends up being the starter by say, game 3.
I hope that we have a starter by week 2 at the most.

2016 Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule

Date OpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sep. 3
USC Trojans
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 10
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 17
at Ole Miss Rebels
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 24
Kent State Golden Flashes
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 1
Kentucky Wildcats
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 8
at Arkansas Razorbacks
D.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 15
at Tennessee Volunteers
Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 22
Texas A&M Aggies
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 29
---Open Date------
Saturday
Nov. 5
at LSU Tigers
Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 12
Mississippi State Bulldogs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 19
Chattanooga Mocs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 26
Auburn Tigers
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Dec. 3
SEC Championship Game
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
TBA

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Whoever it ends up being, I would almost gurantee that it looks similar to this years qb battle. Conflicting info from practices and scrimmages and a time share for one or two games.

I'm gonna take a guess and say Barnett, but Bateman has a big leg up in time in the system

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I hope that we have a starter by week 2 at the most.

2016 Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule

Date OpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sep. 3
USC Trojans
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 10
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 17
at Ole Miss Rebels
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 24
Kent State Golden Flashes
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 1
Kentucky Wildcats
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 8
at Arkansas Razorbacks
D.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 15
at Tennessee Volunteers
Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 22
Texas A&M Aggies
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 29
---Open Date------
Saturday
Nov. 5
at LSU Tigers
Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 12
Mississippi State Bulldogs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 19
Chattanooga Mocs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 26
Auburn Tigers
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Dec. 3
SEC Championship Game
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
TBA
That road schedule is brutal

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.