Coach Saban bored with trophies

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
He's not bored with trophies -- he's just annoyed he has to put but with the ________ media asking stupid questions. He loves winning. Don't ever think any different.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think this whole thread is hilarious. Most schools would give anything to have even a quarter of the trophies that The University of Alabama has accumulated. Yet, here we are with such a successful program that has earned so many accolades, awards, trophies etc., that we are actually having a discussion about which ones look better than the others.
:rofl:

To me, every time I walk into the Bryant museum and look around, I am overwhelmed and awestruck. I think every single one of them, as well as the collection as a whole, is absolutely beautiful.
Imo, trophies are like money. You can never have too much. RTR
:biga:
In my lifetime I never thought I would see the eleven year run from 1971 to 1981 equaled when we won 116 and lost 14 and had 3 NCs. This eight year run is at 99-12 and counting. This is truly amazing to me and I thought I had seen the best. It is hard to compare then to now but we are making this old man (who thought he had see the best we had) smile a lot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Along with the team trophies, are replicas of individual trophies also placed in the museum?
The "big" ones provide 2 trophies - one for the school and one for the player. I am sure that Alabama has theirs on display.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
To me, every time I walk into the Bryant museum and look around, I am overwhelmed and awestruck. I think every single one of them, as well as the collection as a whole, is absolutely beautiful.
Imo, trophies are like money. You can never have too much. RTR
:biga:
Have you ever been to one of the back rooms at the Bryant Museum? They have a lot of historical documents, posters, athletic yearbooks, newspaper articles, etc. back there. But most of all, they have an insane amount of trophies back there...trophies that other schools would give anything to have...and we have them stored in a room somewhere like they were a participation trophy from 6-year-old tee-ball.

I was there back in 2013 for a track & field alumni event so I was able to go into one of the back rooms to look at old stuff with my dad (1972 alumnus). Here is a picture I took of a small corner of that room.

That is the Capital One Bowl trophy from 2010 sitting next to the Independence Bowl trophy from 2007. There are other major trophies from major bowl games there, but I can't remember which ones those are.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I passed on the last two national championship tshirts because I just didn't like the logos on them.

This blew the mind of my Notre Dame buddy.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Have you ever been to one of the back rooms at the Bryant Museum? They have a lot of historical documents, posters, athletic yearbooks, newspaper articles, etc. back there. But most of all, they have an insane amount of trophies back there...trophies that other schools would give anything to have...and we have them stored in a room somewhere like they were a participation trophy from 6-year-old tee-ball.

I was there back in 2013 for a track & field alumni event so I was able to go into one of the back rooms to look at old stuff with my dad (1972 alumnus). Here is a picture I took of a small corner of that room.

That is the Capital One Bowl trophy from 2010 sitting next to the Independence Bowl trophy from 2007. There are other major trophies from major bowl games there, but I can't remember which ones those are.
So we have a spill over room now? wow. These would be the highlights of any Auburn museum.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
So we have a spill over room now? wow. These would be the highlights of any Auburn museum.
I'm pretty sure there are a few spill-over rooms. Between all of our bowl wins, individual player awards, coaching awards, etc...there just isn't enough room in that building to show them all.

I'd reckon that we only display 25-30% of the trophies we have, because the "big" ones are so numerous that they're all we can display right now.

Just think back to 20-25 years ago and how a Citrus Bowl victory would have been a relatively big deal. Michigan State would love to have that trophy. We have it sitting in a back room on a computer desk...never seeing the light of day.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I'm pretty sure there are a few spill-over rooms. Between all of our bowl wins, individual player awards, coaching awards, etc...there just isn't enough room in that building to show them all.

I'd reckon that we only display 25-30% of the trophies we have, because the "big" ones are so numerous that they're all we can display right now.

Just think back to 20-25 years ago and how a Citrus Bowl victory would have been a relatively big deal. Michigan State would love to have that trophy. We have it sitting in a back room on a computer desk...never seeing the light of day.
Trophy storage annual rental fees. #bamafootballproblems

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.