Punishment for a child who likes Vile uniforms?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
My son was watching the hype video with me (very good video by the way) and said "Dad I like that teams uniform". I was speechless because it was the University of Tn. uniform. I was always taught that that was the ugliest uniform on the face of the earth. Now I have to ask my fellow Tide brethren how do I correct this wayward child of mine? :wink: I was thinking some extra wind sprints at practice but not sure if that will drive home the point of just how wrong that line of thinking is.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We have never tried to actively influence our children's preferences, but we do selectively fund preferences. Tell him that he is free to like anything, but buy him a new Alabama jersey.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
as long as he's not a fan of the team it's ok. i actually like the Barn home uniforms..

My son was watching the hype video with me (very good video by the way) and said "Dad I like that teams uniform". I was speechless because it was the University of Tn. uniform. I was always taught that that was the ugliest uniform on the face of the earth. Now I have to ask my fellow Tide brethren how do I correct this wayward child of mine? :wink: I was thinking some extra wind sprints at practice but not sure if that will drive home the point of just how wrong that line of thinking is.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I let my daughter make up her own mind, I never told her she had to be a Bama fan. But when your 8 years old and attend a homecoming parade, it seemed to click for her. Shes as big a Bama fan as me now, but I never forced it on her. Of course I would have not purchased her a UcheaT tshirt. She can use her own money on that. I would not worry about it.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Paint his room that horrible orange color and lock him in the room until he pukes and begs to come out. That should do it. Of course, you could also pull the psychological warfare method of simply telling him that you can't love him if he admires anything from UT.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The goal should be to teach him, not punish him for expressing his opinions.
I think you should start by wearing your Bama gear as often as possible, especially around him. Little boys love to emulate their fathers, and what better way to influence his 'likes' than by making him want to be just like daddy?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
You need to do DNA testing. There is a possibility the hospital messed up and you got the wrong child.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Show him a picture of Jr and lulu and tell him this is what happens to.people who like the Orange uniforms. That should solve you problem and not ever have to worry about a relapse.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
My daughter, now 20, once proclaimed that her favorite color was orange. She was about 5. We live in Nashville, so the entire family was a little concerned. We all started making fun of her, hassling her a little. Soon she got frustrated with us all, and declared she liked Tennessee. Wow!

I told everyone to lay off, waited a couple off days. Told her I was sorry, I liked Alabama and I wanted her on my side.

I can proudly say all four of my kids are Crimson through and through, having all been raised in TN. Most were little kids when we weren't very good and UT was, too.

Best of luck with your son. RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.