Punishment for a child who likes Vile uniforms?

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Cut your loses now and try again. About all you can do in this situation.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Ask your child why Santa Claus chose red and white. When he asks "why?", tell him because if he chose orange and white he would have only come once in the last fifty years.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Just accept this as a teaching opportunity. Definitely not a question of punishment, but more an opportunity to explain to the child the difference between winners and losers and how it is ALWAYS so much more fun being with the winners.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Go to farmers market. Buy a pumpkin. Cut the top off and have him scoop it out. Should do the job. It ain't that orange you can set with.
HAHA..You're post reminded me of this classic Bama Fan video..We can't stress enough how much we hate the vile puke orange..LOL

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I adopted a child-rearing statement from a dear friend of mine. It might help you here. He would tell his kids, "My love for you is unconditional. You can't possibly do anything to cause me to stop loving you. But my money and my fellowship are optional. You gotta work with me to get those."

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
We have never tried to actively influence our children's preferences, but we do selectively fund preferences. Tell him that he is free to like anything, but buy him a new Alabama jersey.
Reminds me of a client of mine. He is an Aggie and has several kids. They all only applied to and attended aTm except his youngest one. He asked his dad where he should apply and he told him, apply wherever you want, you know we'll support you. Kid got accepted to BEVO U and dad's response was "that's nice, whose paying for that?" He had no issue if he went to BEVO U, just would not pay for it....

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
My son was watching the hype video with me (very good video by the way) and said "Dad I like that teams uniform". I was speechless because it was the University of Tn. uniform. I was always taught that that was the ugliest uniform on the face of the earth. Now I have to ask my fellow Tide brethren how do I correct this wayward child of mine? :wink: I was thinking some extra wind sprints at practice but not sure if that will drive home the point of just how wrong that line of thinking is.
Tell him those jerseys make great grease rags.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
My son was watching the hype video with me (very good video by the way) and said "Dad I like that teams uniform". I was speechless because it was the University of Tn. uniform. I was always taught that that was the ugliest uniform on the face of the earth. Now I have to ask my fellow Tide brethren how do I correct this wayward child of mine? :wink: I was thinking some extra wind sprints at practice but not sure if that will drive home the point of just how wrong that line of thinking is.
The only thing that I can think of is to get on your knees and pray that he see the LIGHT?

Is Marion Institute still in existence with that military school?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The only thing that I can think of is to get on your knees and pray that he see the LIGHT?

Is Marion Institute still in existence with that military school?
MI does still exist. But I'm not sure it solves the problem.

Their dominant school color is orange, and their nickname is the Tigers.

Sell the desirability of Alabama, not the nastiness of UTe. Especially with unindoctrinated youngsters, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I've gotten to where they aren't my most hated uniforms. I'm not saying I like them, I don't. Still can't stand them, but the orange doesn't make my eyes bleed the way Clemson orange does, or even UF when they're in their solid orange uniforms, etc... UT Orange is awful, but it's soft enough on TV that I don't feel like I have to look away. Clemson's bright orange and purple, at least to me, are the worst combo in all of sports.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.