Tyren Jones to South Carolina

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Tyren Jones to SC

Big thing i noticed from that article?....there's no way that kid is a 3-star. 4-star at least. Boy, I really hate this for him. Hope he doesn't get discouraged and regress!
Pretty sure that is due to his JUCO status. JUCO players tend to get lower ratings.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Pretty sure that is due to his JUCO status. JUCO players tend to get lower ratings.
Understandable, just watching his decisiveness, speed, strength and vision...with the addition of a few circle buttons in there, I'd go out on a limb and declare that he needs anther look.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Dand - just heard this and hate it for him. He has a ton of talent. Hope he gets his shot eventually.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

So he did not qualify academically at South Carolina - what are his other options at this point?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

It's sad to see this happen to someone with so much talent and I would be severely disappointed if I was an SC fan for sure. From what I've read, he is not a bad kid, just academic and some weed issue's. He is entertaining to watch because he plays so hard and is quick, but if keeps trying he will make it, see Malcolm Butler.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Another tough break for Jones. You have to wonder if he's on his way to becoming yet another cautionary tale.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Big thing i noticed from that article?....there's no way that kid is a 3-star. 4-star at least. Boy, I really hate this for him. Hope he doesn't get discouraged and regress!
Agree, I saw him as a high 4 star maybe did not have the top end speed of a 5 star. Looking back, Mark Ingram was a 3 star by many and was considered the 2nd best RB in his class at Alabama at signing day. I can't remember the other guy, he never played.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

That's too bad. I'd like to see this kid playing big time football.

ProudTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015

Agree, I saw him as a high 4 star maybe did not have the top end speed of a 5 star. Looking back, Mark Ingram was a 3 star by many and was considered the 2nd best RB in his class at Alabama at signing day. I can't remember the other guy, he never played.
Preyear or Matchett?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I hope Tyren will get this butt to work in the classroom so he has a shot at the field - he's a talented back, but the apparent lack of self discipline doesn't look good for him right now.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I hope Tyren will get this butt to work in the classroom so he has a shot at the field - he's a talented back, but the apparent lack of self discipline doesn't look good for him right now.
Along with a tendency to blame others when things don't work out.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Along with a tendency to blame others when things don't work out.
But, I don't believe he publicly bad mouthed Bama after he was dismissed? And he reached out to the program briefly, so he can't be that bad. Sounds like a pot head, and that mentality. Word is about 75% of the NFL uses pot for whatever reason, so he will fit right in.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

But, I don't believe he publicly bad mouthed Bama after he was dismissed? And he reached out to the program briefly, so he can't be that bad. Sounds like a pot head, and that mentality. Word is about 75% of the NFL uses pot for whatever reason, so he will fit right in.
You do know why he was dismissed right?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What makes you think he'll be in the NFL? He's got to get into a school first.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.