Tyren Jones to South Carolina

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: Tyren Jones to SC

His dismissal had more of an effect on me than any other player after my jaw dropping watching his HS film. He looked like the second coming of Tony Dorsett. Perfect size, fluid, quick, strong and a great high step. Just seeing his name bugs me. He would have been the man in 2016, but cannot cry over spilled milk. He probably would have taken 1/3 of the carries this past season imo.

SC got a good one. Hope he has it together.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

His dismissal had more of an effect on me than any other player after my jaw dropping watching his HS film. He looked like the second coming of Tony Dorsett. Perfect size, fluid, quick, strong and a great high step. Just seeing his name bugs me. He would have been the man in 2016, but cannot cry over spilled milk. He probably would have taken 1/3 of the carries this past season imo.

SC got a good one. Hope he has it together.
The high school world is full of "second comings" of Jerry Rice, Michael Jordan, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Kobe Bryant, etc.

There's more to success than talent, or work ethic. Sometimes is all comes down to having the right attitude. That kills 99.9% of all of the "great ones" in high school.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Tyren's running style reminded me a lot of Sherman Williams. I had high hopes for him.

Best of luck to him at USCe. Hope the young man has grown up...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

The high school world is full of "second comings" of Jerry Rice, Michael Jordan, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Kobe Bryant, etc.

There's more to success than talent, or work ethic. Sometimes is all comes down to having the right attitude. That kills 99.9% of all of the "great ones" in high school.
No, I know the difference. And my thoughts were proven true if you saw him run at Bama. Yes I used a little hyperbole, so what, he is the real deal, and sealed his deal here.

Edit: Tyren played in some of the best football country in America, he earned every yard, because they knew he was going to get the ball.

His departure is a sore spot with me coming from Atlanta, I had high hopes for Tyren and wish him well because if he keeps his head on straight at SC, he is destined for the NFL, as a starter. I kept up with him this year, he continued to impress.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

We did OK without him last season, I think we'll survive 2016 as well. I wish him well, but if Saban feels him being on the team is a problem, I'm glad he's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

We did OK without him last season, I think we'll survive 2016 as well. I wish him well, but if Saban feels him being on the team is a problem, I'm glad he's gone.

We are fortunate to have had a back capable of carrying such a tremendous load, who got better in the 30 carry range. If not? We might have had some depth issue's because of the gap.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

We are fortunate to have had a back capable of carrying such a tremendous load, who got better in the 30 carry range. If not? We might have had some depth issue's because of the gap.
Here's hoping Bo will be as durable as DH & Damian is able to pick up some quality time.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Here's hoping Bo will be as durable as DH & Damian is able to pick up some quality time.

Our best backs have always left a good first impression and Bo certainly did that. He waxed that dude on his second run in the CG!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

This is a huge pick up for Muschamp. While I have expressed many times on here my distaste for CWM, do not go to sleep on USCe in the future, maybe not this coming season, but IMO with the staff he has put together Dabo's job just got a whole lot tougher. He will broaden his recruiting base and, unlike SOS, loves to recruit. I also suspect he learned a lot from his tenure at Florida and won't make the same mistakes again. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

This is a huge pick up for Muschamp. While I have expressed many times on here my distaste for CWM, do not go to sleep on USCe in the future, maybe not this coming season, but IMO with the staff he has put together Dabo's job just got a whole lot tougher. He will broaden his recruiting base and, unlike SOS, loves to recruit. I also suspect he learned a lot from his tenure at Florida and won't make the same mistakes again. Time will tell.
Yep, they picked up a 5 star RB ready to start who could average 5+ yards a carry imo. If you look at his HS tape, and even the 40 or so carries at Bama, he does not need much of a hole, or will find one, and is very elusive.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia

I have a cousin who transferred in and will be eligible this season on the O line. I'm not a fan of Muschamp but they are lining up to make a statement in the east. I also want to see cuz do good.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

He also got a crash course in how NOT to run a program while he was at Auburn.

He was probably there on the sidelines thinking: "My team wasn't as bad as THIS, was it? God...if I ever get another chance to coach..."

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Jones is a good RB but I doubt that he would ever have started at UA. He was a fine backup but I never really saw him as a featured RB in our offense. I hope he does well at USCe.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Jones is a good RB but I doubt that he would ever have started at UA. He was a fine backup but I never really saw him as a featured RB in our offense. I hope he does well at USCe.
He was on trajectory to be the starter this next season as a Junior with Bo/Harris backing him up as a sophomore. He was 3rd string as a redshirt freshman which everyone one that was and stayed started as a junior. Imo, if not for an injury his senior year HS, he was clearly #2 behind Henry in that class, followed by Tenpenny then Kamara. Logic? If he had been dismissed earlier, possible that Tenpenny would have stayed.
January, Exit Tenpenny
May, Exit Jones

Tenpenny would have been sitting pretty

Last edited:

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Jones supposedly has gotten his life straightened out and is ready for a second chance, obviously we won't know until he proves it one way or the other the next few years. I imagine he will have a somewhat short leash at USC, but given the Gamecocks depth at RB it was worth the risk. He claims to have talked to Bama about returning, but if I had to speculate I would think that Saban wouldn't go back down that road. Probably in Bama and Jones' best interest for him to get a fresh start.

Everything from his HS days and his days at Bama would lead you to think he will star at USC, but his JC numbers were oddly low so who knows what he does as an SEC starter (assuming he earns the starting job).

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

He was on trajectory to be the starter this next season as a Junior with Bo/Harris backing him up as a sophomore. He was 3rd string as a redshirt freshman which everyone one that was and stayed started as a junior. Imo, if not for an injury his senior year HS, he was clearly #2 behind Henry in that class, followed by Tenpenny then Kamara. Logic? If he had been dismissed earlier, possible that Tenpenny would have stayed.
January, Exit Tenpenny
May, Exit Jones

Tenpenny would have been sitting pretty
Nail hit head. He would have significant playing time this year had he not been such a knothead. Anyone who had actually seen in him in practice saw flashes of potential. We don't sign kids to be backups. He was a faster shiftier Mark Ingram. He will do well at USCe if he can stay in the coaches good graces. I'd be surprised if CWM didn't call Saban and ask about him.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Jones supposedly has gotten his life straightened out and is ready for a second chance, obviously we won't know until he proves it one way or the other the next few years. I imagine he will have a somewhat short leash at USC, but given the Gamecocks depth at RB it was worth the risk. He claims to have talked to Bama about returning, but if I had to speculate I would think that Saban wouldn't go back down that road. Probably in Bama and Jones' best interest for him to get a fresh start.

Everything from his HS days and his days at Bama would lead you to think he will star at USC, but his JC numbers were oddly low so who knows what he does as an SEC starter (assuming he earns the starting job).
I thought I had heard that as well...

If true, would've loved to have been a fly on the wall...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.