ADMIN NOTE: Cold weather can’t stop the celebration of #16

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Cold weather in Tuscaloosa on Saturday didn't stop Coach Nick Saban, his players, and the thousands of fans who showed up to celebrate Alabama's sixteenth national championship. Here are some pictures from the celebration.

Read More...

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Oh, maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't realize there was a crystal ball trophy in addition to the beer tap thing. That's awesome.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Oh, maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't realize there was a crystal ball trophy in addition to the beer tap thing. That's awesome.
Yeah - the "coaches trophy", which I assume is associated with the USA Today Coaches poll, carried on with the crystal football. The AP trophy is some funky looking football sitting on top of what looks like an oil derrick, then you have the Bugles snack food trophy from the playoff committee.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That trophy was not the BCS trophy, though the BCS presented it during that era after the games. It is the Coaches Trophy, and has been awarded since the mid-80s. Alabama should have one for the 1992 championship, too.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
That trophy was not the BCS trophy, though the BCS presented it during that era after the games. It is the Coaches Trophy, and has been awarded since the mid-80s. Alabama should have one for the 1992 championship, too.
Hmm, I worked in the football building some weeks while I was on campus in the late '90s. I saw a lot of awesome trophies, but don't recall seeing a crystal ball. I know as of a couple of years ago we had three crystal balls easily visible in a nice picture window from Bryant Drive. Three, not four.
Can anyone confirm whether we have a fourth crystal from 1992? (I mean real ones, not the ones shown here.)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Hmm, I worked in the football building some weeks while I was on campus in the late '90s. I saw a lot of awesome trophies, but don't recall seeing a crystal ball. I know as of a couple of years ago we had three crystal balls easily visible in a nice picture window from Bryant Drive. Three, not four.
Can anyone confirm whether we have a fourth crystal from 1992? (I mean real ones, not the ones shown here.)
IF (a big IF) Wikipedia can be trusted as the source, there should be one more floating around the campus somewhere...
The AFCA National Championship Trophy (also known as the Coaches' Trophy) is the trophy awarded annually by the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) to the NCAA Division I FBS college football national champion as determined by the Coaches' Poll. The trophy has been presented since 1986 and was contractually given to the winner of the BCS National Championship Game and its predecessors from 1992-2013. It will continue to be awarded to the No. 1 ranked team in the final poll of the season.[SUP][1] [/SUP]

DaleC76

3rd Team
Dec 5, 2006
The 1992 Crystal Trophy is in the Bryant Museum in the Stallings Era area.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.