2017 DT Kivon Bennett Updates (Son of Cornelius Bennett)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: 2017 DT Kivon Bennett

I started watching Bama in 1980 when I moved to the U.S. Now, the sons of players I've watched are getting offered. Would be great to have Marlon and Kivon on the same team!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: Alabama Offers 2017 DT Kivon Bennett, Son of Cornelius Bennett

very surprising with his commitment to one of Bama's oldest rivalry.

Alabama saw him more of a project, a wait and see senior season before actually going after him hard.
but I guess he wanted to go ahead and commit. he could have committed to any number of major programs. perhaps he saw early playing time at Tennessee. should be interesting as the year goes on to see if Alabama wants him in the fold.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Alabama saw him more of a project, a wait and see senior season before actually going after him hard.
but I guess he wanted to go ahead and commit. he could have committed to any number of major programs. perhaps he saw early playing time at Tennessee. should be interesting as the year goes on to see if Alabama wants him in the fold.
Don't know anything about the kind of player he might be or become. But, if I were a Vol fan, I wouldn't get too excited about this one.

It'd be shocking to me that he'd go to UT if Bama really wants him and I'm sure if we do we'll make a real strong push for his sig.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I would say his commitment is soft. Probably wanted a spot which I don't blame him for and we are most likely slow playing him with others on our board higher than him. He still may end up in crimson come Feb.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

I would truly hate to see the son of Cornelius Bennett wearing UT orange.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I would truly hate to see the son of Cornelius Bennett wearing UT orange.
I'm sure that same thought has crossed Cornelius' mind as well...:cool2:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I would say his commitment is soft. Probably wanted a spot which I don't blame him for and we are most likely slow playing him with others on our board higher than him. He still may end up in crimson come Feb.
I personally find this situation more than a little interesting. Wouldn`t at all be surprised if J hasn`t hit the nail on the head.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Wow, this is a surprise. I trust in Coach Saban and Coach Pruitt on this one. If there are better ones out there, then you have to move on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.