Bye, bye Maty Mauk. Suspended again. UPDATE: Dismissed from Team

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Missouri suspended quarterback Maty Mauk indefinitely on Monday.

Tigers coach Barry Odom and athletic director Mack Rhoades released a joint statement regarding a video posted to Twitter that shows a man -- purportedly Mauk -- snorting a white substance

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...er-video-allegedy-of-him-doing-drugs-surfaces

I wonder who he will start for next year? Someone will no doubt give him a fifth chance.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: Bye, bye Maty Mauk. Suspended again.

Dead man walking.

Not much doubt it's Mauk in the video. Incredibly stupid and incredibly sad.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Tigers coach Barry Odom and athletic director Mack Rhoades released a joint statement regarding a video posted to Twitter that shows a man -- purportedly Mauk -- snorting a white substance

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...er-video-allegedy-of-him-doing-drugs-surfaces

I wonder who he will start for next year? Someone will no doubt give him a fifth chance.
At this rate probably some team in the prison league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Weed and alcohol are one thing....this....it transcends disciplinary measures and jumps straight into safeguarding his well-being. Genuinely hope he gets help...losing football is secondary to something like this. Drew Lock will likely get the starting job.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I saw the video last night and the actions in the video aren't shocking but it's more of the on camera element that I don't get. If there were videos being made in every college dorm or apartment then this would probably be the most tame thing that would be captured. I'm not condoning his actions at all but who is the idiot filming it and then posting it on social media?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Accidentally disliked your post. Fixed now.

Missing the line (good reflection of his accuracy issues) and not snorting it off of a hooker. 1/10 would kick off team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I saw the video last night and the actions in the video aren't shocking but it's more of the on camera element that I don't get. If there were videos being made in every college dorm or apartment then this would probably be the most tame thing that would be captured. I'm not condoning his actions at all but who is the idiot filming it and then posting it on social media?

Maybe someone that wants to save his life

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I can think of two names right now (one in Columbus and one in West Georgia) that I'd normally name as suspects. However, I think this one might well be enough to stop Urban (who has improved somewhat from UF). As for Auburn, my suspicion is that Malzahn himself wouldn't even be high on this but the PTB that control the coaching staffs over there might well see it as a potential bonanza.

I'm slightly joking here.

Seriously - get this guy some help before he's another Altee Tennpenny (a situation that still makes me just sick to my stomach).

B1G may well be right, too - maybe this will save him from the brink.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

The kid is a cancer...time to cut him loose. :cool2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

The Barn would welcome him with open arms..As long as he's a good fit in Gus's offense it's all good & they will turn a blind eye to any wrongdoing he did..Ask sCam..

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Wake up Mauk. Your life is circling the drain! Get yourself some help.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Mauk sums up the entire university right now. I wish they were not in our league to be honest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.