Question: Re: 2016 ut football schedule

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Re: 2016 ut football schedule

Did Roy Kramer die? For the first time since 1963, ut will play 3 SEC games in the 3 consecutive weeks prior to playing Alabama. In 1962 and 1963 (GT's last 2 years in the SEC), ut played the barn, MSU, GT, and Bama in consecutive weeks. Lost ALL 4 games BOTH years! Needless to say they didn't try that anymore. And they sure didn't have to worry about ANY schedule difficulty when Roy Kramer took over the SEC scheduling in 1992.

2016 Tennessee Volunteers Football Schedule

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

That looks like a fairly tough slate until you think about Virginia Tech with a new head coach, Florida in rebuilding mode in year 2 under McElwain, Georgia with a new head coach, and Texas A&M with a lame duck head coach.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Florida, at Georgia, at aTm, then Bama. The Vols will be hurting and tired by the time Bama comes to town. Turn about is fair play.

I'm guessing 0-4 is more likely than 2-2. That's a brutal stretch in four weeks.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

That looks like a fairly tough slate until you think about Virginia Tech with a new head coach, Florida in rebuilding mode in year 2 under McElwain, Georgia with a new head coach, and Texas A&M with a lame duck head coach.
UT ought to have a good team next year, but Fuente will have a pretty rapid impact at VT, imo. UF and UGA will both be better than 2015. I suspect that by week four the dumpster fire in College Station will be big enough that you'll be able to see it from Tuscaloosa.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I'm hoping that Butch told the viles boosters, Phat Phil & the rest of those that tried to kill Bama Football to stay the hell out his football program..Butch will turn them around if they allow him to run his own football & doesn't need their cheating ways..Will they stick with Butch when the losses piles up & Bama breaks their hearts once again on the 3rd Saturday Of October..

I will still enjoy watching the viles fanbase implode when they run the SEC gauntlet like we do every year..Welcome to our world of football..

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

UT ought to have a good team next year, but Fuente will have a pretty rapid impact at VT, imo. UF and UGA will both be better than 2015. I suspect that by week four the dumpster fire in College Station will be big enough that you'll be able to see it from Tuscaloosa.
Fuente stepping into VT should be like Mcelwain stepping into UF - and by that I mean, the defensive cast at VT is established and will retain it's architect of Bud Foster...Fuente has tools on offense with a spark plug at QB coming in who already has game experience while filling in. I like VT as a darkhorse in the ACC coastal next year.

Also, how does A&M keep nabbing all these 5* super QB's? I mean...it doesn't do them any good if they are squandered and transferred but I feel like they are due for a Greyson Lambert here soon.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I'm hoping that Butch told the viles boosters, Phat Phil & the rest of those that tried to kill Bama Football to stay the hell out his football program..Butch will turn them around if they allow him to run his own football & doesn't need their cheating ways..Will they stick with Butch when the losses piles up & Bama breaks their hearts once again on the 3rd Saturday Of October..

I will still enjoy watching the viles fanbase implode when they run the SEC gauntlet like we do every year..Welcome to our world of football..
If Butch Jones loses more than 4 games this season he is done. With that schedule it's a true test of where they are, and if they on't survive the gauntlet he can turn in his pumpkin credentials.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying, Tennessee should be better than all of those programs, if what we're being led to believe is true. And that is, Butch Jones has the Vol roster loaded and they've got a ton of key guys back. This ought to be their break out year.

And yeah. Texas A&M is primed for a real meltdown.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

That's every year at UT, which is why they always end the season saying 'just wait until next year!'...
And why they own the most incredible stat/fact in CFB. They have NEVER lost more than 7 games in a season! In 1988 I thought that was over when they started out 0-6. But they played only one team (Memphis State at 6-5) with a winning record in the last five games. Won them all and finished 5-6.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

UT's traditional schedule has them ending the season with Vandy and Kentucky. Since 1960, Kentucky has beaten UT 5 times; Vandy has won 6 and tied 1. Here in Tennessee the fans brag about how great the team is in November. :rolleyes:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

UT's traditional schedule has them ending the season with Vandy and Kentucky. Since 1960, Kentucky has beaten UT 5 times; Vandy has won 6 and tied 1. Here in Tennessee the fans brag about how great the team is in November. :rolleyes:
And they only lost by five to Alabama this year - they're going to win it all next year!

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Optimistically , they have the SEC championship game listed at the bottom of the schedule. I guess their chances are as good as anybody's in the east.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.