Question: Re: 2016 ut football schedule

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Re: 2016 ut football schedule

Optimistically , they have the SEC championship game listed at the bottom of the schedule. I guess their chances are as good as anybody's in the east.
fbschedules.com does that on all schedules.

UGA 7-1 Lose AT Ole Miss
ut 6-2 Lose AT UGA, Bama
UF 4-4 Lose AT ut, LSU, UGA, AT Ark

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida

Optimistically , they have the SEC championship game listed at the bottom of the schedule. I guess their chances are as good as anybody's in the east.
I've noticed a lot of schools list the SEC championship game on their official site also. I'm glad we don't do that.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Schedule is a cupcake on the back half.
It's always a cupcake in November which was why, when the Viles lost to Vanderbilt, the Smokies shuddered and there were wails and mourning through East Tennessee - except for every Bama fan who lived thru Phat Phil a/k/a Inspector Clouseau.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

At some point Tennessee has to win a big game. They had the lead against Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida and Arkansas. I'm not saying they should have won all those games but when you have a 4th quarter lead in 4 games and lose all of them there's something not quite right. I also don't think Tennessee has been recruiting on the level of the other top programs in the SEC. It's been a long while since they've had a dynamic play maker on offense..

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I'm hoping that Butch told the viles boosters, Phat Phil & the rest of those that tried to kill Bama Football to stay the hell out his football program..Butch will turn them around if they allow him to run his own football & doesn't need their cheating ways..Will they stick with Butch when the losses piles up & Bama breaks their hearts once again on the 3rd Saturday Of October..

I will still enjoy watching the viles fanbase implode when they run the SEC gauntlet like we do every year..Welcome to our world of football..
I see UT only losing 3 games in 2016. Only 4 teams will give them a good game: VT, Fl, Ga, and Bama. I'd think USCe should be easy pickings. It's hard to get a handle on how good Ky. will be. No Auburn, no Ms. St. no LSU, no Arky, and no Ol Miss makes for a fairly easy schedule.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Ut ain't losing to Florida. So unless uga is a quick fix, I suspect at worst 2 losses, but then again butch jones finds a way to lose games

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

That's every year at UT, which is why they always end the season saying 'just wait until next year!'...
Yep, that has ALWAYS been their schedule.....they ALWAYS end with a high note and everyone is saying how they improved and won their last blah blah. If they get through every year their first 6 games with a good record they will finish strong regardless of how good or bad they are. KY and Vandy are basically 2 wins every year for most of the East anyway. Then the rest of those cupcakes on the back end.

But I think they beat VT, UF and TX AM. I also think they lose to UGA and Bama. I say at best they are 10-2, and could be easily 8-4.

And as someone said if they lose more than 4 games ( I think if they go 8-4), Jones should be fired, based on that back end schedule.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If Butch Jones loses more than 4 games this season he is done. With that schedule it's a true test of where they are, and if they on't survive the gauntlet he can turn in his pumpkin credentials.
Yep and he will leave somebody else a bunch of talent.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying, Tennessee should be better than all of those programs, if what we're being led to believe is true. And that is, Butch Jones has the Vol roster loaded and they've got a ton of key guys back. This ought to be their break out year.
Didn't all of their fans and most of the talking heads say that about 2015???

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Didn't all of their fans and most of the talking heads say that about 2015???
Butch jones single handily cost them the ou and uf games. Arkansas and them played a very weird game. So really at worst they should've been 10-2 in regular season play. But they are probably better this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.