2016 Senior Bowl Thread

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Mike Mayock is an idiot.

He said Jacob Coker wasn't very athletic. His athleticism is one of his greatest attributes.

Also, he was talking about how Prescott beat Bama. What year was that, Mayock?
go easy on Mayock. He was dropped on his head several times as a child. He also lived under powerlines and ate paint chips.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mike Mayock is an idiot.

He said Jacob Coker wasn't very athletic. His athleticism is one of his greatest attributes.

Also, he was talking about how Prescott beat Bama. What year was that, Mayock?
I like Mayock, but disagree with him on Coker. Surprised that no one corrected him when he said that MSU beat Alabama with Dak. Ole Miss fans probably more upset about that than Alabama fans.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was wondering about this myself. IIRC, we have won 9 in a row against Miss St. How long has Prescott been playing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure they didn't even field an offense the last time they beat us but neither did we.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Drake did very well in the game, but he really struggled pass blocking in practice all week. Cyrus Jones looked AWESOME! Had a great game. Saw Reed and Ragland make several plays on defense. Coker didn't look great, but led the South down the field once - his receivers dropped a lot of passes on him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Did anyone else get tired of hearing about the NDSU quarterback? I took pleasure in the fact practically all of the others out played him.

LOL - Yeah, he made some nice passes but the South defense on the field when he was on the field was amazing.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was wondering about this myself. IIRC, we have won 9 in a row against Miss St. How long has Prescott been playing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, last time MSU beat us was Sylvester Croom's team with the white helmets. JPW pick 6 at the goal line. Don't remember if that was before or after the no-show against LA-Monroe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
Yeah, last time MSU beat us was Sylvester Croom's team with the white helmets. JPW pick 6 at the goal line. Don't remember if that was before or after the no-show against LA-Monroe.

MSU beat Bama 17-12 on 10 November, 2007. The Tide fell to La-Monroe the following week. It seems like Prescott has been at MSU for a very long time, but he wasn't on the 2007 team.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My rough analysis:

Coker was not getting much time in the pocket. The idiot commentators were harping on him not getting the ball out quick enough but the snap-to-affect-time was pretty ridiculous while he was in there. The North's first group on the DL was dominating the trenches while he was in the game. I do agree that timing and seeing the defense are Coker's biggest problems as a passer. He's a mid-to-late rounds type talent. Developmental guy for a team with a solid starter.

Drake demonstrated that he's gonna be on a roster next Fall one way or another. He was in on punt coverage, kick coverage, and returns. He demonstrated his versatility as a receiver out of the backfield. His biggest knock is that good contact really just stops him in his tracks...and he's not a small guy. He's not a back to fall forward at a decent clip when in the grasp of a linebacker. If I had to guess, he'll find a spot in the NFL as a returner, special teams coverage guy, 3rd down back, and emergency receiver option. Versatility and explosiveness are always in need on the 55-man NFL roster.

Reggie Ragland is the best LB in the draft. He spent all week at OLB despite being a pretty certain day one starter at an ILB position. NFL scouts must have been interesting in his "stretch" roles within a defense. Considering the talk about him, they must have been pretty happy with his showing as an OLB during practice. Seeing how they were happy with his play at OLB, I'd assume concerns about him as a 3-down LB are pretty much a non-story. He may sneak into the top 10 but shouldn't fall below the middle of the first round.

Jarren Reed got huge props for his motor during practice and the game. I don't think he's going to be an elite pass rusher but he's got a chance to be a good one as an interior type DE in a 34 defense or a DT in a 43 defense. Honestly, this class looks really deep along the defensive line. I think he may fall a bit despite being a likely multiple contract player in the NFL.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I forgot Ryan Kelly but admittedly it is hard to digest OL play while watching the game live. I don't think he hurt his standing as the top center in the draft during the week. Center is a hard position to gauge in the draft. Depends on team needs. He could go in the first round if a franchise has a huge need at center. Could fall deep into the 2nd round if the need isn't as high for franchises looking for a center.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I forgot Ryan Kelly but admittedly it is hard to digest OL play while watching the game live. I don't think he hurt his standing as the top center in the draft during the week. Center is a hard position to gauge in the draft. Depends on team needs. He could go in the first round if a franchise has a huge need at center. Could fall deep into the 2nd round if the need isn't as high for franchises looking for a center.
Kelly didn't accept his invite.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.