2016 Senior Bowl Thread

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Going to go ahead and start this. Can be the game thread on Saturday if we want.

Today is weigh-in day.

Coker's measurements: 6-5 1/2, 236 pounds
Drake's measurements: 6-0 5/8, 210 pounds
Cyrus' measurements: 5-9 2/3, 196 pounds
Reggie's measurements: 6-1, 259 pounds
Reed's measurements: 6-3, 311 pounds

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For those that do not know, Reggie is playing OLB this week. Link

Ragland is seen as one of the top inside linebackers in the country, but the big-bodied athlete wants to prove to NFL teams that he can also player outside linebacker, too, that he can rush the passer. He’ll work at outside linebacker during this week’s Senior Bowl.

It’s not totally new to him. He played with a hand down as a defensive end some during the season and also rushed the passer on occasion.

“I just want to show I can cover and rush the passer,” Ragland said Monday afternoon during the first day of the Senior Bowl. “I know I can play inside, but I also want to show I can play outside too.”

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban speaking with the media now...

Saban: Tony Brown is back with the team but he is facing suspensions.
On his dancing, Nick Saban said he's been able to "step through it" since he was young. Said he's shocked people don't think he can dance.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw a couple of tweets about Bama players.

-Jake Coker just fit a perfect deep ball in Senior Bowl practice. Coaches jump on him for a hug.
-Alabama RB Kenyan Drake just check down 50 yards and took out a spectator on the sideline. Drake stuck around to make sure he's ok.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Saw a couple of tweets about Bama players.

-Jake Coker just fit a perfect deep ball in Senior Bowl practice. Coaches jump on him for a hug.
-Alabama RB Kenyan Drake just check down 50 yards and took out a spectator on the sideline. Drake stuck around to make sure he's ok.
Hope Drake shows out. The guy has NFL-elite acceleration coming out of the cut, but NFL scouts, who are by and large terrible at what they do, might not notice things like that; there's big time need for him to show them something at an event like this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
National NFL writers are taking notice of Drake's speed. One even tweeted: "Has a different kind of burst compared to the other RBs here"

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Hope Drake shows out. The guy has NFL-elite acceleration coming out of the cut, but NFL scouts, who are by and large terrible at what they do, might not notice things like that; there's big time need for him to show them something at an event like this.
Was just thinking the same thing as I read the thread.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Mike Mayock likes him some Reggie Ragland

"I'm a Reggie Ragland fan. He's going to step in on Day 1 and run somebody's defense. He's a top-20 pick all day long. He's 260 pounds, so the question is, can he play on third down, can he play the passing game? I think he can. Just because of his leadership skills, his toughness, I think he's going to be a three-down linebacker and a top-20 pick."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Drake is impressing with his versatility, getting around the edge for a long run minutes after fighting off a lb for a TD Catch per Alex Byington

Ragland bullrushed a Texas Tech RB DeAndrew Washington in pass pro drills and went over him like a speed bump. No Fair. per Chase Goodbread.

Looks like Coker is taking first team rep, Jacoby Brissett with second team reps, Brandon Allen third and Prescott 4th.

Drake is a matchup issue for LBs in coverage. Speed and separation ability. Improved in Pass protection today per Matt Bowen

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I think Drake can be a Darren Sproles type of player. He may not be a good fit for a traditional NFL RB. Get him in space, though, and look out. He is also a good receiver. Who was the player with the Rams when they won the SB - same type of player? Warner threw him ball.... what was his name?

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I think Drake can be a Darren Sproles type of player. He may not be a good fit for a traditional NFL RB. Get him in space, though, and look out. He is also a good receiver. Who was the player with the Rams when they won the SB - same type of player? Warner threw him ball.... what was his name?

marshall faulk.. same type of player, correct. pretty good comparison. but i dont see him being on Faulks level as far as level of play.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
marshall faulk.. same type of player, correct. pretty good comparison. but i dont see him being on Faulks level as far as level of play.
No argument. I'm just not sure we know how good KD can really be due to the way he was used at Bama and all the snaps missed dur his career. He has a lot of tools. If he can stay healthy and land w/the right team he can be very successful.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Reggie was voted the top LB by a panel of NFL scouts. Link

The Reese's Senior Bowl has released its list of awards for players at each position who impressed observers the most during the week in practice.

According to voting by a panel of NFL scouts, Alabama's Reggie Ragland is the top linebacker at this year's game. Ragland, a first-team All-American for the national champions in 2015, is universally regarded as a first-round pick in April's NFL draft.
Remember, he's playing OLB this week, too.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Mike Mayock is an idiot.

He said Jacob Coker wasn't very athletic. His athleticism is one of his greatest attributes.

Also, he was talking about how Prescott beat Bama. What year was that, Mayock?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.