Link: *** RB Josh Jacobs Signs With Alabama ***

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: RB Joshua Jacobs Updates

The latest word on Jacobs : Coach Burns finished his visit in Ok, visit went very well. Jacobs is attempting to have OV at Alabama this weekend but he has Missouri already plan, but will try to visit both this weekend. No formal offer has been extended yet. The offer will have to get approval from CNS. Sources close to the situation believe Jacobs will commit as soon as Bama offers. Stay tune.
Of course I am just a arm chair coach, but I can't see any reason why we will not offer this guy.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

His speed and elusiveness makes this reel eye-popping. I do question the talent he was playing against, because those defenses looked worse than most I've seen on HS tape. Put 5 ponds on him and you've got a great replacement for Drake and Cyrus at punt returner and kickoff returner....though what little we saw of Xavian Marks last year was impressive...and Damien Harris's speed is also unreal if he could work out the blocking schemes for returns. This kid has the tools.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

He's fast!

He may be like David Palmer...just about a step faster than anyone chasing him!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

I compiled this for my dad and it seems relevant here (because we were talking about 100M speed)
This table can give some perspective comparing 100M times with current and former players
(This is the fastest time from each player in high school competition, I believe)

Code:
Player                  Time in 100M         Time in 200M
Xavian Marks                     10.39                   21.3
Bradley Sylve                     10.49    
Tony Brown                     10.53    
Minkah Fitzpatrick              10.54                  21.66
Calvin Ridley                     10.63                  21.92
Damien Harris                     10.74                  22.74
Kenyan Drake                     10.83                  21.91
ArDarius Stewart             10.83                  22.01
Maurice Smith                     10.88                  22.75
Cyrus Jones                     10.89                  22
Cedric Powell                     11.04                  22.64
Geno Matias-Smith             11.11                  22.9
Derrick Henry                     11.11    
Robert Foster                     11.19                  23.14
Brandon Turner                   11.21                  23.51
Torin Marks                     11.43    
Adonis Thomas                    11.94    
Ronnie Clark                                               25.78

off subject I know, but it's simply amazing that Henry is on this list at the size he is.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

We really are a fickle bunch. Just a few days ago the post starts with a "watch out for this RB" alert. This ignites a search for information and soon posts appear that he is fast as lightning and can cut on a dime. Posts then appear that we "need and must have him." Today, posts appear that Oklahoma is now on the kid and we appear to have "missed the boat." What a roller coaster ride!

I have seen several on this board state it, and now I believe it more than ever....."Trust in Nick Saban, and sit back and enjoy the ride."

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

We really are a fickle bunch. Just a few days ago the post starts with a "watch out for this RB" alert. This ignites a search for information and soon posts appear that he is fast as lightning and can cut on a dime. Posts then appear that we "need and must have him." Today, posts appear that Oklahoma is now on the kid and we appear to have "missed the boat." What a roller coaster ride!

I have seen several on this board state it, and now I believe it more than ever....."Trust in Nick Saban, and sit back and enjoy the ride."
Exactly. That is why my fingernails are in better shape than they were 9 years ago.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Offer came down when he spoke with Saban yesterday, it seems. Don't know if we can get him away from Oklahoma, but we're giving it a shot.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.