DL Rashan Gary Signs With Michigan

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Posting because I couldn't find a thread for him and discussion of his recruitment is spilling over into other threads.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: DL Rashan Gary Updates

Gary is at least open to us, but frankly he just doesn't strike me as the type of kid who buys who we sell, so to speak.

Crazier things have happened, and I wouldn't be overly shocked if he took an official visit to Tuscaloosa this weekend, but I will be really surprised if he ends up signing with 'Bama.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Gary is at least open to us, but frankly he just doesn't strike me as the type of kid who buys who we sell, so to speak.

Crazier things have happened, and I wouldn't be overly shocked if he took an official visit to Tuscaloosa this weekend, but I will be really surprised if he ends up signing with 'Bama.
I disagree. its very difficult to say no to Michigan when 2 of your best friends have committed to the wolverines and they hired your HS coach to be on their payroll. his mother is the one that is taking charge of his recruitment and looking out for his future investments. she seems to be saying all the right things about Alabama's NFL development and such. their family is very familiar with our program since his freshmen year when Coach Cristobal began recruiting him. believe it or not, at one time Gary was heavily leaning towards Alabama. these developments above that I mentioned in the last 6 months has certainly change all that.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

I disagree. its very difficult to say no to Michigan when 2 of your best friends have committed to the wolverines and they hired your HS coach to be on their payroll. his mother is the one that is taking charge of his recruitment and looking out for his future investments. she seems to be saying all the right things about Alabama's NFL development and such. their family is very familiar with our program since his freshmen year when Coach Cristobal began recruiting him. believe it or not, at one time Gary was heavily leaning towards Alabama. these developments above that I mentioned in the last 6 months has certainly change all that.
We've recruited him longer than any other school. If he visits atlas 50-50 shot at his signature. This recruitment reminds me of Hand.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Uh, if mom's in charge...game changer.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I'm with BET on this one, I'm all for making the sales pitch to the mom but I don't think this young man ends up in Tuscaloosa. Frankly I'd rather take Joshua Jacobs at this point and get a guy that is hungry, will be excited to be here, and that we can develop over someone that apparently is not really impressed with the opportunity to come play in what is really indisputably a golden era for Bama football.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I'm with BET on this one, I'm all for making the sales pitch to the mom but I don't think this young man ends up in Tuscaloosa. Frankly I'd rather take Joshua Jacobs at this point and get a guy that is hungry, will be excited to be here, and that we can develop over someone that apparently is not really impressed with the opportunity to come play in what is really indisputably a golden era for Bama football.
Read my post and you will see that I don't think he will either based on the circumstances I stated. My feelings on Gary is if he was left to his own devices and none of his high school friends and coach weren't going to Michigan, he be in Tuscaloosa this summer.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Read my post and you will see that I don't think he will either based on the circumstances I stated. My feelings on Gary is if he was left to his own devices and none of his high school friends and coach weren't going to Michigan, he be in Tuscaloosa this summer.
We have an open coaching spot and I'm sure could use another dozen or so 'analysts' so, let's hire all his friends and HS coaching staff.... Problem solved! 😀

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

It's my understanding he won't visit now. I think the ship has sailed on Gary.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

He has an uncle that lives about 15 minutes from Clemson. I'm assuming Clemson is playing the family close by angle. They have told him he can line up anywhere on the D-Line. They are that hard up for this kid to let him pick where he plays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.