RB D'Vaughn Pennamon Updates Signs With Ole Miss

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Interesting kid here, and one I would really like to add. We've made a serious push for him late in the process, and if I had to wager I would say he has a firm spot in the class if he wants it.

His official visit went well last weekend, but his commitment to Ole Miss is going to be a problem. Although he has been very intrigued by what 'Bama offers, it has been apparent that he is hesitant to back-track on a longstanding commitment to Ole Miss. Have to admire that in the kid, really, but obviously it does us no favors in the stretch run.

Pennamon has an official visit to Ole Miss scheduled for this weekend, so they get final crack at him, too.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: RB D'Vaughn Pennamon Updates (Ole Miss Commit)

Interesting kid here, and one I would really like to add. We've made a serious push for him late in the process, and if I had to wager I would say he has a firm spot in the class if he wants it.

His official visit went well last weekend, but his commitment to Ole Miss is going to be a problem. Although he has been very intrigued by what 'Bama offers, it has been apparent that he is hesitant to back-track on a longstanding commitment to Ole Miss. Have to admire that in the kid, really, but obviously it does us no favors in the stretch run.

Pennamon has an official visit to Ole Miss scheduled for this weekend, so they get final crack at him, too.
Based on that, we won't get him...:cool2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Based on that, we won't get him...:cool2:
Innuendo of Ole Miss recruiting misconduct aside, playing time doesn't do us any favors here. Ole Miss hasn't had a legitimate interior running threat at tailback like Pennamon since Brandon Bolden in the Houston Nutt days, and it's possible that Pennamon could see 100-150 carries next year in a quasi-starting role at Ole Miss.

Barring a big run of injuries, however, that is just not happening at Alabama, concerned as though some may be about our tailback depth at the moment.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Innuendo of Ole Miss recruiting misconduct aside, playing time doesn't do us any favors here.
No Innnuendo intended.

I'm just saying that if held firm during his vbisit and then he is going to his commited school for his final visit, he most likely sticks.

That is a combination thatis hard to overcome...:cool2:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Innuendo of Ole Miss recruiting misconduct aside, playing time doesn't do us any favors here. Ole Miss hasn't had a legitimate interior running threat at tailback like Pennamon since Brandon Bolden in the Houston Nutt days, and it's possible that Pennamon could see 100-150 carries next year in a quasi-starting role at Ole Miss.

Barring a big run of injuries, however, that is just not happening at Alabama, concerned as though some may be about our tailback depth at the moment.
if im selling this kid against ole miss, Id argue that CHF's offense may not favor his style as much as an all purpose back, whereas the saban style will always fall back on an interior feature RB, no matter the coordinator.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I'd love to have Pennamon but hats off to him if he stays with the Bears. A commitment is a commitment after all. Besides, it seems my wish list of big time recruits is much larger than the spots we have available so I can't be too heartbroken. There are a few defensive players that I am more than intrigued with anyway.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

if im selling this kid against ole miss, Id argue that CHF's offense may not favor his style as much as an all purpose back, whereas the saban style will always fall back on an interior feature RB, no matter the coordinator.
I wouldn't say a word about Ole Miss. You sell what you have. If he isn't interested, you move on.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I wouldn't say a word about Ole Miss. You sell what you have. If he isn't interested, you move on.
Agreed and this is how I have heard we recruit (Saban, staff and players). We do not negative recruit.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Bingo!T

hat is Saban's philosophy. He hates negative recruiting and doesn't allow his staff to resort to that...:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Supposed to announce sometime today via Twitter. Last I saw, BOL was predicting a flip to Texas A&M.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Yep, I have read the same in a bunch of places that TXAM was the expected landing spot the past few weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.