Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Last edited:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
What kind of ILB will Ragland be in the NFL? Is he rangy enough to be a 3 down ILB in a 3-4 defense? ILB's in the NFL get stressed big time with athletic TE's and RB's out of the backfield.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think he's shown considerable range in his zone drops and sideline to sideline movement. I think the fact people have been looking at him as an OLB shows that they realize he has some good speed.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think he's shown considerable range in his zone drops and sideline to sideline movement. I think the fact people have been looking at him as an OLB shows that they realize he has some good speed.
Agreed and don't think Reggie would be projected in the 1st part of the 1st round if he did not. Being a big time Packers fan I would love for him to join Eddie and Haha but agree with some we will need to trade up to have any hope.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I kinda feel like Reggie will go in the middle of the first round. It happens for ILBs on occasion but you usually only see top-flight pass rushers and corners go in the top 10.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I have been waiting on your input Catfish. Thinking OL has to be the priority.
I'm thinking that one of the two (OL or ILB) might be addressed in free agency IF McCarthy's complaining leads to a Thompson being a little more active in that market. OL isn't that that bad except for the depth. I think all of the starters are average to good when healthy. But, there's no depth and you can't count on all five starters lasting a full NFL season. BJ isn't getting any younger, either. For the first time in years, I feel pretty good about the DBs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.