Beginning of the end in Burns?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I've seen some discussion that the cop on the right shot him in the stomach which prompted his reaching and then cop behind him shot him again.

Sad situation, all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You would not believe the interpretations I've seen on other websites of exactly the same footage...
these are the same kind of people that believe in Chemtrails and that the moon landing was faked, every piece of evidence that we see as incontrovertible they see as further proof of a cover up

it is fascinating in its own way

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've seen some discussion that the cop on the right shot him in the stomach which prompted his reaching and then cop behind him shot him again.

Sad situation, all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what appears to have happened is he thought about reaching for his gun and got confused when the officer in the woods yelled at him and he didn't know what was going on. as i said earlier, it appears that his fantasies of how he would be able to handle his gun in a situation like this and reality didn't really match up

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
these are the same kind of people that believe in Chemtrails and that the moon landing was faked, every piece of evidence that we see as incontrovertible they see as further proof of a cover up

it is fascinating in its own way
Yep. A thread on it on "Defensive Carry" was closed largely because of one individual like that. He kept insisting that the video clearly shows that Finicum was shot in the back. He was posting page-long diatribes on it...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
To me it looks like once he got out of the truck he had his hands up of course as that seems to be pretty clear from what we can see.

He was walking back towards the cars/trucks with his hands in the air, BUT once he sees the agent walking towards him from the road with weapon drawn Finicum seemed to have been irked at that so that is when he decided he was going for his gun or at least making a bad looking move period. I'm not sure Finicum even knew the agent was in the woods behind him. I still really want to see any body cams or car cams they had (surely they did) and that will explain more. I seen a question about the agent near the road shot him in the stomach so that would be very telling. I won't lie, if a cop just shot me in the stomach for a traffic stop if I'm carrying one on me yes I am very liable to try and draw that.

But don't get me wrong, I'm in NO WAY saying this was "unjustified" because so far it looks like a very justified shooting.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
To me it looks like once he got out of the truck he had his hands up of course as that seems to be pretty clear from what we can see.

He was walking back towards the cars/trucks with his hands in the air, BUT once he sees the agent walking towards him from the road with weapon drawn Finicum seemed to have been irked at that so that is when he decided he was going for his gun or at least making a bad looking move period. I'm not sure Finicum even knew the agent was in the woods behind him. I still really want to see any body cams or car cams they had (surely they did) and that will explain more. I seen a question about the agent near the road shot him in the stomach so that would be very telling. I won't lie, if a cop just shot me in the stomach for a traffic stop if I'm carrying one on me yes I am very liable to try and draw that.

But don't get me wrong, I'm in NO WAY saying this was "unjustified" because so far it looks like a very justified shooting.
I don't know if there's any audio available, but I wish there were. When you're stopped, you do not exit your vehicle. In fact, people who do that have been shot for ignoring the "halt" order. In addition, you definitely do not exit your vehicle and start approaching the LEOs. That in itself is a threat. As for "hands-up," they don't look like that to me. They are held directly out to his sides. I'll cut him some slack and grant that he may have been trying to keep his balance in the snow. However, they could also be construed to be in "drawing" position. Add to it that the LEOs were very probably perfectly aware of who the individual was and his prior statements, in which case he was not going to be cut much opportunity to kill someone else first. As for all these theories about prior shots, if you're shot in the belly (or anywhere), you're going to react physically. I see no reaction until the shots into his left side...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know if there's any audio available, but I wish there were. When you're stopped, you do not exit your vehicle. In fact, people who do that have been shot for ignoring the "halt" order. In addition, you definitely do not exit your vehicle and start approaching the LEOs. That in itself is a threat. As for "hands-up," they don't look like that to me. They are held directly out to his sides. I'll cut him some slack and grant that he may have been trying to keep his balance in the snow. However, they could also be construed to be in "drawing" position. Add to it that the LEOs were very probably perfectly aware of who the individual was and his prior statements, in which case he was not going to be cut much opportunity to kill someone else first. As for all these theories about prior shots, if you're shot in the belly (or anywhere), you're going to react physically. I see no reaction until the shots into his left side...
this stop was also after his vehicle had been stopped earlier, and he took off leading them in a chase.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
this stop was also after his vehicle had been stopped earlier, and he took off leading them in a chase.
And tried to swerve around a road block but got stuck in the snow...

Anyone questioning this shooting has an incredible bias agains the government / police - to the point they cannot accept the obvious.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Anyone questioning this shooting has an incredible bias agains the government / police - to the point they cannot accept the obvious.
and he almost ran over an officer when he swerved around the road block. but now, we're just piling on ;)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree, would be nice to hear audio for sure. I also agree that Finicum didn't look to have been shot in the stomach either unless it was during the final volley.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Yeah, but they reversed two frames of the film reel. Besides, it appears that a shot came from another direction, perhaps from the little grassy knoll...

Sorry, wrong conspiracy.
:redface:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.