ESPN analyst Chris Fowler describes onside kick practice--Clemson board reacts

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Yes and no. First, if you re-watch, I believe it wasn't til near the end of the 3rd quarter that we put Devall (or Foster) spying Watson, and it worked great.
Evans did that some and had success. Got a sack, I believe, on a scramble.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Dadgum..I really really hate the format of that Clemson Board where you have to literally have to click on each post to read it..It makes ya appreciate our TideFans format cause it's superior to that board..Just like our football team is superior to their's as well..It must suck to be a Clemson Fan..LOL
It may be a strategy to mess with lurkers like us. Said if you register and log in, you can customise it. I won't bother to find out.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
We gave aubie they blueprint to beat Clemson, throw to the tight end, onside kicks, no turnovers, return a kickoff for a TD. You know kinda like what Ole Miss showed everyone how to beat us.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Dadgum..I really really hate the format of that Clemson Board where you have to literally have to click on each post to read it..It makes ya appreciate our TideFans format cause it's superior to that board..Just like our football team is superior to their's as well..It must suck to be a Clemson Fan..LOL
Yeah it does suck!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
That made my head hurt.
You just need to go to the guest forum setting and it'll take care of that so that it reads like ours

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Yeah that page is terrible. You would think from a tech point with their over-use of javascript for ad pulling and displaying (which gripes me to no end), they would be skilled enough to write a better UI for the comments.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Don't forget Michigan State.
Michigan State has got it worse than anybody....which kind of bums me out, only because I like MS and their fans, for the most part, are ok, and more likely to accept a butt whooping than whine about it. I like destroying those types of fan bases more often. I'm hoping we open up a 15 game win streak on Ole Miss. Would hurt for Clemson to suddenly and unexpectedly lose 4 games in back-to-back seasons either.

LoyalAlum

Scout Team
Jun 13, 2009
I love hearing them complain about having to read about the onside kick over and over again. Now they know how we feel about the Kick Six, and the Tip Six, and all the other plays that ended up in a Bama defeat. I guess they can't handle disappointment the way the Bama nation does, probably because they haven't been on top enough to have fallen enough to toughen up.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I love hearing them complain about having to read about the onside kick over and over again. Now they know how we feel about the Kick Six, and the Tip Six, and all the other plays that ended up in a Bama defeat. I guess they can't handle disappointment the way the Bama nation does, probably because they haven't been on top enough to have fallen enough to toughen up.
If we don't get that kick, we go into 'attack mode' on offense (as Herbstreit noted in the 4th quarter) even more than we did. Only a couple of times in the season (e.g. late against UT) did Kiffen really open up the offense with aggressive passing. It has risks, but in the UT case Stewart and Ridley were lethal. Who knows how many points we could've scored if we'd always been in that mode?

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
HAHA..None of them tops the ongoing 10yr "Processing" The Vol's are living through..
Ha ha, you got that right brother! And do any of you remember what Bama did to open the UT game in Saban's first year (2007)?

A little reminder....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ha ha, you got that right brother! And do any of you remember what Bama did to open the UT game in Saban's first year (2007)?
That was fun. That 07 team wasn't very good, but man, watching that I remember the excitement wondering what might be coming over the next few years. Of course, I had no idea what we were going to get!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
i think both uga games in athens count as processing too.
I say Clemson because UGA has never recovered from the blackout game. Michigan State hasn't recovered either. But, Clemson I think did recover (different coaches between processings) but got processed again (no matter the moral victory trophies given by the press).

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I say Clemson because UGA has never recovered from the blackout game. Michigan State hasn't recovered either. But, Clemson I think did recover (different coaches between processings) but got processed again (no matter the moral victory trophies given by the press).
Re-Processed

Although I wouldn't say MSU has exactly suffered since 2011... they DID make it to the playoffs this season.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.