ESPN analyst Chris Fowler describes onside kick practice--Clemson board reacts

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
That was fun. That 07 team wasn't very good, but man, watching that I remember the excitement wondering what might be coming over the next few years. Of course, I had no idea what we were going to get!
That team could have been better than what it was. The lack of buy-in from some of the team was the most disappointing thing to me about that year.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I say Clemson because UGA has never recovered from the blackout game. Michigan State hasn't recovered either. But, Clemson I think did recover (different coaches between processings) but got processed again (no matter the moral victory trophies given by the press).
UGA recovered enough to make it to the SEC east title a few years back and gave us a real run in the SEC championship game. It was really that game they haven't gotten over yet.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yep, I feel like the 2012 SECCG loss was really the one that shook the Richt regime. That was his best team and they just couldn't make one more play to likely go on to a similar type of stomping of Notre Dame that Alabama laid down.

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
If we were practicing this in full view of an ESPN broadcaster, and who knows who else was lurking, how could they not have been ready for something like that? Makes me wonder how you could ever really surprise another team these days. I remember getting chased away from Thomas Field (August, 1971) for peeking through the tarp ... something about a "wishbone"!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Poor work ethic did him in at both levels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
He was trying out with one of the NY teams and doing well. They were very high on his abilities. Then, poof!, he vanished from sight. He later came back and stated that he had made a big mistake in not buying into the Process. I don't know if he ever said anything about that having an effect on his chances on making the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised. He had all the tools to be a star, if not on the level of Jones and Cooper, at least the next level down. Instead, he ended up nowhere, so far as I know...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He was trying out with one of the NY teams and doing well. They were very high on his abilities. Then, poof!, he vanished from sight. He later came back and stated that he had made a big mistake in not buying into the Process. I don't know if he ever said anything about that having an effect on his chances on making the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised. He had all the tools to be a star, if not on the level of Jones and Cooper, at least the next level down. Instead, he ended up nowhere, so far as I know...
Had he bought in, I have no doubt his future would have been different. He in one of the 5 best WR we've had on campus in the modern SEC era (92-present). When you're young you tend to make a ton of mistakes, and his poor attitude didn't help either. I hate it for him, but when i had people on campus telling me how he was acting in 07, it made me lose a lot of respect for him.

I hope him the best now. I think he's probably realized his errors, but it just come too late.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Had he bought in, I have no doubt his future would have been different. He in one of the 5 best WR we've had on campus in the modern SEC era (92-present). When you're young you tend to make a ton of mistakes, and his poor attitude didn't help either. I hate it for him, but when i had people on campus telling me how he was acting in 07, it made me lose a lot of respect for him.

I hope him the best now. I think he's probably realized his errors, but it just come too late.

Where is DJ Hall today?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.