News Article: Cam Newton Sure Thinks A Lot Of Himself

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
You should live in Raleigh - can't check the weather without hearing him tell how wonderful he is. I had not heard a single person mention his race until he did. I am starting to hope Peyton gets his swansong.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I'm sure all of you have heard what he named his newborn son?
Jessica no I havent and to be honest I could really care less. IMHO I would delete this thread as it belongs in pro sports. I thought this was about college ball and not pro . I for one dont watch their game nor do I care about it.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Ok, so take deep breath. I dont care for either of the QB in the Super Bowl. But I have to ask the moderators. What is this crap about the Super Bowl doing here. Can you please put it in pro sports. I had prefer, if I choose to go to pro sports and read it. Am I drinking too much Crimson Coolaide.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
A lot of people don't like Cam Newton, and I'm one of them. He's a huge jerk on the field. When he says he is "incomparable" he is correct in several ways. In a business with a lot of jerks, there's never been one quite like him. We've seen many insufferable players, but that personna is usually reserved for some of the RBs, WRs, and the like, not the leader of the team.

Don't revel in your notoriety, egg it on, then run and play the race card... that "I'm an African-American QB that may scare a lot of [white] people." Are there some white racists out there, sure there are. But, I' think there are tons more, white and black, that just don't like you for how you comport yourself. I wonder if that has ever dawned on him. People really don't like YOU. Most folks so completely narcissistic probably never get that.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I think there is. I mean who names their son Chosen? There is only one Chosen one, and I know you know who that is. :)
A few years ago, in my son's football league there was a kid they called GG - God's Gift. His name was actually God's Gift. He should be in high school next year so it will be interesting to see if he starts popping up on the radar screens as a running back.

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
The problem with Newton is he cheated when he took the cash from Auburn
and as Bama fans are galled by that or worse the NCAA did nothing to him
while torching us for nothing. His on field smirk reminds me more of Ric Flair
than a football player. He turns the sport into a wrestling spectacle,
I am not a Peyton fan but here's hope Peyton and the Broncos
wipe that smirk right off his face with a real a** whooping

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I wonder what Butkus would have done when Cam jumped up after a three yard run and pranced into the defense and smiled, pointed, and pretend to open his shirt? I have a sneaking suspicion he wouldn't(or any other old timers) take to kindly to it. It would be glorious to see.:biggrin:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Granted, the man is a fantastic football player. That being said, as a person, I would not support, promote, cheer for, or idolize any person with the character issues or persona of Scam. And I don't care what color they may be. As a matter of fact, as an Euro-American, I would be ashamed for my heritage for someone like that to be idolized as is he. But that's me. And for the first time that I can remember, I'm pulling for Peyton Manning since I thought he should have won the Heisman.

Roll, National Champions, Roll!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ok, so take deep breath. I dont care for either of the QB in the Super Bowl. But I have to ask the moderators. What is this crap about the Super Bowl doing here. Can you please put it in pro sports. I had prefer, if I choose to go to pro sports and read it. Am I drinking too much Crimson Coolaide.
Future advice:

Don't click on threads you don't care about.

Especially don't post in said threads, which means they continue to stay at the top of the board.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I disagree completely with his narcissistic opinion of the matter. There have been plenty of black QBs, with his skill set or similar skill sets. (I honestly can't remember any QB period that was built like a LB). But there have been several who could run like a RB and throw very well. Randall Cunningham. Steve Young (yes obviously he is white). Russell Wilson. To name a few.

People don't have a problem with Newton because he is black. And it's really, really weak of him to suggest so. They have a problem with the narcissism. I understand and realize there are cultural differences between black people and white people. And there is nothing at all wrong with that. But I say this isn't even a cultural matter.

His talent is truly elite. It's just a shame his personality isn't. And it's a real shame for him to have thrown out the race card.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't care what color he is, but I hate narcissistic jerks and he is at the top of the list. For the record, I also don't care for John Elway, or Steve Young either. He is all about Cam. It is not about his teammates at all. Football last time I checked is a team sport and without his line, he'd would not be a story. He is a great athlete no doubt, probably one of the best to ever play, but I still don't have to like him.

Someone suggested his past isn't relevant. Lets recap, he stole from a fellow student at Florida got kicked off the team, ends up being bought and paid for at Auburn while never attending a class, and he wants us to forget all that because he is a great athlete. Not going to happen, at least in my case.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He threw out the race card because the conversation had shifted. It was all about Peyton's swan song and no longer about the match-up between an older veteran and young and upcoming QB. Apparently he doesn't like sharing air time.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Dallas NBC affiliate did a segment on the Panthers right after the big snow out east a few days ago.

I tried to find it, but couldn't.

It showed Cam and the rest of the team warming up in the snow and I promise yall, he was acting like a 3 year old among grown men.

I think his problem is his body grew up but his mind didn't.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
The Dallas NBC affiliate did a segment on the Panthers right after the big snow out east a few days ago.

I tried to find it, but couldn't.

It showed Cam and the rest of the team warming up in the snow and I promise yall, he was acting like a 3 year old among grown men.

I think his problem is his body grew up but his mind didn't.
Do you believe there really is something wrong with him mentally or do you believe the lack of discipline and consequences for wrong doing has led to the way he acts?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.