News Article: Cam Newton Sure Thinks A Lot Of Himself

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
After much deliberation, I concluded that what $cam was saying is: "If you don't like/admire/worship me, then you are a racist.".

Bottom line is he is a narcistic jerk. I don't care if he is black, white, green or purple. :cool2:
As Shakespeare penned, " A jerk, by any other color, is still a jerk"

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
He is raking in the $Big Bucks$. I don't like him, he was a Barner. Nuff said! However, making $40+ million this year (salary plus endorsements) isn't bad. I do like seeing him give footballs to little fans. He makes enough to pay for those footballs.

How can we pull for a former Vol or a former Barner in the Super Bowl? That's really, really TOUGH. I think I'll be pulling for the Broncos. I like their Coach. I just don't know if even that Bronco DEFENSE can handle the former Barner, i.e. the Scam artist. I'll be pulling for #58 to put #1 on his backside several times.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Agreed. However, this thread has been informative about how far we as a state or maybe just the posters on Tidefans have come about race relations. Maybe that's the way I choose to read these posts.

Cam Newton and Peyton Manning could both be purple. Color does not matter. Even the school they went to doesn't. We are rivals with both.

Character matters. God gave great athletic gifts to both of them, but character to one. I'm afraid youth and favor may shine on the other one.
Athletic gifts are genetic and bestowed.

Character is taught and developed.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I found something to compare him to, even define him. A Sore Winner. Historically considered a lowlife that got lucky. It's nearly impossible for me to watch anything he is involved in. And it has nothing to do with Africa.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I Still Say This Thread Belongs in the Pro Forum. Does He Still Play for Aubarn or a pro team. Since we seem to keep a pretty clean board, i am asking a second time why cant this be removed to pro sports. Or do we open this thread up to anything. IMHO this doesnt belong on the college thread. Let me know where I am wrong and I will cease .

Last edited:

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Sorry, but as much as I hated Cam Newton in college, I love the guy now. He has made Pro Football that much more interesting to a level that hasn't been seen (and even beyond) the peak Terrell Owens days. I never liked Carolina, but found myself tuning in or recording the game each week, just to see what he was going to do. Ya, I was brought up on old school football (run hard through the goal line, don't show boat, etc)....but that boy has the "it" factor, and it's almost like WWF hey-day theatrics, all bundled into one.......it takes the NFL to a new excitement level in such a way that Trump brought to US politics.

Plus, I've got one of his game worn jerseys, and autographed football cards from his rookie year that I'm going to sell on EBay right after he wins the MVP this year!

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I Still Say This Thread Belongs in the Pro Forum. Does He Still Play for Aubarn or a pro team. Since we seem to keep a pretty clean board, i am asking a second time why cant this be removed to pro sports. Or do we open this thread up to anything. IMHO this doesnt belong on the college thread. Let me know where I am wrong and I will cease .
Maybe you missed the answer to your question...

Future advice:

Don't click on threads you don't care about.

Especially don't post in said threads, which means they continue to stay at the top of the board.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was overseas when Cam Newton was at Auburn and the only game I saw him in that year was the BCS National Championship, so I never got the full brunt of Cammania so Im more indifferent in terms of despising him or liking him based on what happened that year because Ive never experienced it nor do I want to know the feeling. I wont openly cheer for him unless it benefits my team or I really don't like the team he is playing against. Now, what does get me is how many Auburn fans are acting like die hard Panthers fans this whole year on social media and constantly posting Panthers stuff.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I don't have an issue with Cam. I actually respect him for continuing to be himself. He may say some weird stuff but his celebrations or even his personality is the least im worried about as a fan. I reserve my dislike for thugs like johnny manziel.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Been trying to stay out of this, but..............

Sorry, but as much as I hated Cam Newton in college, I love the guy now. He has made Pro Football that much more interesting to a level that hasn't been seen (and even beyond) the peak Terrell Owens days.
If watching jerks like those two is what interests you, then go for it.

Those two are yet a few, in a long list, of reasons why I stopped watching the NFL, long ago.

And just so no one draws the wrong conclusion...........

There used to be some jerk, who played for the Jets, who would do his "sack dance", every time he flattened the QB. I hoped some OL would reach out, and clean his clock, just once, to put an end to it. (You should be able to Google him, so I don't have mention his name.) Watching his antics was probably the tipping point, of when I started to lose interest in the NFL.

George Teague took care of TO. Of course, I did not see it, when it happened. But, living in Dallas, it was impossible to not know about it.

We need more players, like George Teague, and less like TO and $Cam. Sadly, I fear that will never happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.