News Article: Cam Newton Sure Thinks A Lot Of Himself

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree with JBama what he did while at auburn is no longer relevant. I fortunately do not watch professional football, but would suspect all the hate directed at him by Alabama fans has nothing to do with his NFL persona.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Like I've said before, I would be embarrassed if a former Alabama player acted like he does. He has a God given talent, but he acts like he's a god IMO. He needs to learn some humility. His act is getting old, and it makes it worse that he went to Auburn. ;)

I'm a Seahawk fan, and I wouldn't like Russell Wilson acting like that. Sherman does to an extent, and I don't care for it either.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
“You think in this time, this day and age, it would be more about who he is as an athlete, as a person more than anything else. Hopefully we can get past those things.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...s/nfl-blog/article56857428.html#storylink=cpy

Yes, that is correct. I loathe him because of the PERSON HE IS. Let me restate that: In this day and age I loathe him for the kind of person he is. Sorry, I can't get past that.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Like I've said before, I would be embarrassed if a former Alabama player acted like he does. He has a God given talent, but he acts like he's a god IMO. He needs to learn some humility. His act is getting old, and it makes it worse that he went to Auburn. ;)

I'm a Seahawk fan, and I wouldn't like Russell Wilson acting like that. Sherman does to an extent, and I don't care for it either.
It seems to be the norm these days, especially in professional sports where these guys have had fans kissing their tails for years for what they can do with a ball. The people who cheer for egocentric jerks contribute a great deal to those jerks' egocentrism.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Didn't like the guy when he played for the barn, and like him even less now. The guy is the biggest ME guy in the NFL. If the Denver defense knocks him silly it won't hurt my feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
This post on the News Site pretty much sums it up for me. Racism can't die when there's always someone charging the paddles yelling "CLEAR!"

And before I get flamed I'm a proud grandfather of two bi-racial boys and have several black friends and acquaintances.

"Kathy Mann
That's rich! What you all need to get straight is that the MAJORITY of Americans don't have racial issues with other races. What I do know, though, is that there's a lot of people out there perpetuating this nonsense and taking us back 100 years in race relations! We also have an inciter at 1600. Of course, that doesn't help one bit!!!"

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I agree with most of the posts above. He is so oblivious to his hubris, I often wonder if there is something wrong with him.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I agree with most of the posts above. He is so oblivious to his hubris, I often wonder if there is something wrong with him.
I think there is. I mean who names their son Chosen? There is only one Chosen one, and I know you know who that is. :)

Last edited:

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I agree with JBama what he did while at auburn is no longer relevant. I fortunately do not watch professional football, but would suspect all the hate directed at him by Alabama fans has nothing to do with his NFL persona.
Not in my case. I live less than an hour from Panthers' Stadium, have several friends that are season ticket holders and would love to get in on the fun. I just can't do it...The guy is everything I don't like when it comes to character and class.
I know he does this and that for the community, but I think it is all about getting the personal attention. Just a very selfish guy IMHO

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Meh, most celebrities think that they are God's gift. Cam is just another celebrity. I don't hate him for it. I just don't give him any more thought than any other person on the planet.

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL
I don't care what he looks like or where he comes from, but this guy acts like a fool after a td, a win, etc. and hunts down opposing fans and players after the game. Rubs it in with that smile and smack talk. When he loses, where is scam? He is gone before the cameras have time to focus. Dodges the same players he talks smack to during the game. This is why I don't like him or any other athlete who acts like this.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Like others have said it isn't an aubie thing. It is Cam that I can't stand. It is all about him and if he loses he acts like a 5 year old boy. I hope Denver hits him hard every play of the game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't care what he looks like or where he comes from, but this guy acts like a fool after a td, a win, etc. and hunts down opposing fans and players after the game. Rubs it in with that smile and smack talk. When he loses, where is scam? He is gone before the cameras have time to focus. Dodges the same players he talks smack to during the game. This is why I don't like him or any other athlete who acts like this.
And it's great with his teammates and fans as long as they are winning. It's when things go bad is when we are going to see what the people closest in his life feel about him and it will be a glorious flame out. Yes, I did not like him because he is a Barner and beat us but my dislike for him goes beyond that. He's a look at me d-bag!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.