12 Coaches Who May Be Fired If They Don't Win in 2016

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Anyone else find the fire the coach drumbeat from the media a tad bit disturbing? There's 25 new coaches next year, and how many of them were created by the media beating their drums about letting the coaches go?
This is why Vanderbilt (and their ilk) should find a good bottom tier HC (Watson Brown, for example) and hire him to a lifetime contract (with the usual scandal and you are gone rider) and just let him alone. The recruits know will be their HC as long as they are there. Old apparently not on the radar, like Mack Brown or Houston Nutt might want to go to Vandy under those circumstances.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I realize he's not on the list, but I'd put Butch Jones of Tennessee on there. I know he finished nicely this year, but it was mainly because their schedule was front-loaded and he still has no signature wins after 3 yrs. I think he desperately needs to take two out of three against Florida/Georgia/Alabama in 2016 or I think he's in trouble.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I think having Gus on this list is probably not correct. The Barn has made it pretty clear that Gus WILL be fired this season, unless he can pull a miracle season out of his hat. This means beating Bama in Bryant Denny. Not going to happen.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I disagree with the Mike Riley pick. He's going into year two of his tenure at Nebraska. No matter how much the expectations have been raised in the last few years, I don't see a coaching getting fired in only two seasons without misconduct.
Agreed. They lost 4 games in the last minute or two so they could have been a 9 win team if.... Can't see a 2nd year coach on this list no matter the circumstance other than misconduct.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.