Game changer: Tesla's Model III goes 320km per charge and costs $35,000

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Game changer: Tesla's Model III goes 320km per charge and costs $35,000 - See mor

lol, what a joke.

Mercedes got tax subsidies to move to bama

so did hyundai

and kia in GA

and VW and Nissan in TN

and on and on and on

and GM wouldn't exist without the Government either and not just from the bailout take away mandated fleet purchases and gm folds like a cheap tent
but electric cars are for hippies, libruls and wimmenz

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I would expect no less from the Detroit News.
Nor would I.

lol, what a joke.

Mercedes got tax subsidies to move to bama

so did hyundai

and kia in GA

and VW and Nissan in TN

and on and on and on

and GM wouldn't exist without the Government either and not just from the bailout take away mandated fleet purchases and gm folds like a cheap tent
I didn't promise a critique that you'd agree with. Nevertheless, I see you didn't address all of his points.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
The real game changer is when solar becomes large enough to charge these cars while you work. Rarely does anyone drive 200 miles to work. And, it would be really simple to plug in your car while at work and drive home on a full charge. But, I'd prefer better bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, which is slowly but surely coming.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Yup, whatever you think about it, this is the put up or shut up product.

I agree that the article is an obvious hit piece. There have been multiple high dollar bailouts and concessions to poorly performing auto companies/industries for as long as I can remember. It actually takes some gall.

Just to be clear, I am not against government working with industry including helping from time to time with tax breaks and even temporary subsidies. I don't like the fact that it seems to have become a requirement. I would much rather government work on things like infrastructure that benefits a cross section of industry than constantly bolster. Not that this is one of those cases, there are a lot of benefits to everyone if this and other of Musk's companies are able to convert a promising technology to market.

That said, this company has been given a lot and it is time to be profitable.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Re: Game changer: Tesla's Model III goes 320km per charge and costs $35,000 - See mor

Lake Purdy to Siccard Hollow through Cahaba Heights?

Glad I don't have fight through the hell that is the 280 corridor.
Yeah. I start a new job at the end of the month and will have to briefly get on 280. Fortunately, I'll be going against traffic, so it won't be too bad.

RollSaban

Oct 15, 2015

Gonna get me a used one :) Hopefully with the battery under warranty.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Say all you want about Tesla, etc., but if it weren't for the need that led to their development, we'd still be paying over $4.00 a gallon for gas.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I know the McDonald's in Destin, FL has a couple of charging stations. I won't be surprised to see fast food restaurants adopt that more and more as a way to get people to park there and snack for a while.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Say all you want about Tesla, etc., but if it weren't for the need that led to their development, we'd still be paying over $4.00 a gallon for gas.
Maybe. The fact that shale oil and fracking had the U.S. starting to bite into the market share played a big part. Saudi Arabia is still keeping the price down by producing for no other reason than to keep the market share. You won't see this on any whitehouse.gov energy policy page (It is all about not being able to drill or produce our way out of high gas prices), but Obama has always been one that wanted the prices to get up to a point where clean energy was attractive. He was wrong about not being able to produce our way to lower prices. Our ability to increase production caused the prices to go back down as much as anything.

Our energy policy along with OPEC production obviously had a part in Tesla being able to develop to date (and other car companies moving to hybrids and full electrics) Oil just about priced themselves out of that market. As of now at least Saudia Arabia is trying to make sure that prices are where they maintain a market share while they look to diversify away from depending on oil so much.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I know the McDonald's in Destin, FL has a couple of charging stations. I won't be surprised to see fast food restaurants adopt that more and more as a way to get people to park there and snack for a while.
A popular restaurant in Knoxville has charging stations at its locations.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

It's not like McDonald's can attract customers with its food.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.