Big Stat for Donta Hall

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Hall did some nice things in the UT game. I expect him to get more and more minutes as the season ends. He has to learn to not commit stupid fouls so that he can stay on the floor longer.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Hall is in the process of becoming the starter down low, and will hopefully develop his overall game over another year. For now, if we get almost nil out of the five spot offensively as it is, we might as well go with better energy and more athleticism on the defensive end. God, please, we need Marques Bolden.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Hall is in the process of becoming the starter down low, and will hopefully develop his overall game over another year. For now, if we get almost nil out of the five spot offensively as it is, we might as well go with better energy and more athleticism on the defensive end. God, please, we need Marques Bolden.
Signing Bolden would be HUGE!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Hall has a much higher ceiling than Taylor and plays with more energy. I hope against all hope that we get Bolden. Don't forget we get Nick King next year who will give us another big body. I hear he is tearing it up in practice, but we need a big space eater who will own the boards so Bolden would fit the bill.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
This seems like a strange stat to me. I've never heard of it so I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Maybe over the course of a season it has some meaning and at least the denominator is limited to 2-point shots. I can see other factors that can come into play that would impact this but I guess that is the case with most basketball stats.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Bolden appears to be a very long shot at this point. Kentucky looks to be his final landing spot.
Agreed, although I had heard OU but perhaps it is now UK. Regardless, the opinion on another forum is that we have a much better shot at Bruno Fernando than we do with Bolden. Bolden is a higher rated prospect and has more bulk which we need but Fernando is also highly rated and has a 2017 high school teammate that will also be highly recruited so perhaps that will benefit us next year if we can sign Fernando this year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
According to the roster, Taylor has 20+lb and an inch on Hall. However, he's not as athletic or active around the basket. With the two of them, however, we have more protection around the basket than the last several years...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
According to the roster, Taylor has 20+lb and an inch on Hall. However, he's not as athletic or active around the basket. With the two of them, however, we have more protection around the basket than the last several years...
Taylor has been disappointing so far. I never thought he would be all conference but thought he would have more of a presence blocking shots and rebounding and I agree with another poster that Hall is about to be our starting center.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
not to sound like a broken record but i was able to see Hall play in high school and he's such a presence without even having to block the shot. His wingspan has to be pretty impressive. I expect him to challenge some block records when he gains the starting spot at center.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Taylor has been disappointing so far. I never thought he would be all conference but thought he would have more of a presence blocking shots and rebounding and I agree with another poster that Hall is about to be our starting center.
Agreed. Hall is much more consistent...

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Since the last post in Jan. Jimmie Taylor has not been a disappointment! In Feb, Hall and Taylor have been a pretty solid duo, especially clogging and blocking the paint! It seems these two really get along and back each other! Donta Hall has a ton of potential, dude gets after it!!!!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Hall reminds me so much of Derrick McKey. McKey was more polished offensively coming out of high school but otherwise they are very similar. Taylor just needs to be consistent. We have seen flashes of ability out of him but until recently that was all we saw. I think a lot of his problem is confidence. One huge difference in the coaching staff this year is that they have gotten players to become more confident in themselves. It may have taken Taylor a bit longer but I think he is getting there. If he can continue to play at this level consistently and Hall continues to improve then this team is a lot better than most of us realize.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I could easily support a center named Bruno who's a true seven-footer if you add his flat top. His "do" may be good for a couple blocks a game by itself. I hope King is using this year to pack on some more muscle and be ready to own the boards next season. High hopes for him.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Hall reminds me so much of Derrick McKey. McKey was more polished offensively coming out of high school but otherwise they are very similar. Taylor just needs to be consistent. We have seen flashes of ability out of him but until recently that was all we saw. I think a lot of his problem is confidence. One huge difference in the coaching staff this year is that they have gotten players to become more confident in themselves. It may have taken Taylor a bit longer but I think he is getting there. If he can continue to play at this level consistently and Hall continues to improve then this team is a lot better than most of us realize.
I like what I'm seeing with Hall's development and some plays that he's made showing his potential. I don't see the comparison with McKey though. McKey could shoot the three and had the skills of a small forward (3-spot) but played center.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.