Blog: Latest Bama News 1/29/2016 Thru 1/31/2016 Weekend Edition

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
This is Where the Football Season Never Ends! Bama News First, and Foremost,
interesting SEC news, and salie
nt football news, UPDATED DAILY Updated Daily!

CECIL HURT: How about bringing in some high-profile teams? | TuscaloosaNews.com-via RollBamaRoll
Still, let me make my annual futile plea: could there, once in a decade, be a home-and-home series that brings a high-profile opponent to Bryant-Denny Stadium? That doesn't mean getting away from neutral sites entirely. I am for them, eight years out of 10. But, in these days of television ruling all things, it would be a tremendous thank-you to the fans who by season tickets and skyboxes. It would be great for the city of Tuscaloosa. I'm reminded of my friend Gary Lewis, the owner of Rama Jama's saying that game weekends were the difference in "making a living and making a good living."
Preach, Cecil.
rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Nicks Kids to Build 16th House to Celebrate 16th National Championship - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site
"This project is a true testament of the limitless possibilities when our volunteers and Nick’s Kids members commit to make a difference in the lives of others," said Ms. Terry Saban, co-founder and CEO of Nick’s Kids Foundation. The groundbreaking on the house will begin immediately.
The new homeowners will be the Anthony Taylor Family. Anthony Taylorworks all night as a bus driver at the University, has a newspaper route, and is studying at Stillman College to become a minister. His family includes wife Angel, and children Zion (age 12) and Zaria (age 11). Through tears of joy,Anthony Taylor said, "I know if you stay true God, his blessings will continue to come. Thank you to Coach Saban, Ms. Terry, their family, Nick's Kids, and to Habitat for Humanity. Roll Tide!"
But I heard that Nick was a selfish and soulless human being... RBR op
rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Alabama football should be loaded in 2016 behind returning talent-campusrush-via rbr
On the field behind Saban were two of the reasons Alabama should be loaded again in 2016. Linebacker Reggie Ragland and defensive end Jarran Reedprobably played their way into more money by returning to Tuscaloosa for the '15 campaign. That almost certainly had an influence on defensive end Jonathan Allen, safety Eddie Jackson, linebackers Tim Williams and Ryan Andersonand tight end O.J. Howard. All five could have left—and most, if not all, would have made excellent money—but after watching Ragland come back and potentially earn several million more by turning himself into a likely first-round pick, they stayed. So, now I need to correct the column I wrote the day after Alabama's victory. It seemed logical that most of the Crimson Tide's draft-eligible players would declare for the NFL, and that seemed to leave the team with an experience and leadership vacuum. Because of the way Saban has recruited, it could be possible to overcome that, but that would be far from a sure thing. Now? As long as offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin can identify a third effective starting quarterback in three years and build a scheme that suits him, the Tide could be every bit as good in '16 as they were last season.
Agreed, and there is a decent chance that the Tide could actually be better with a dual threat QB and more experience in the secondary.
rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Senior Bowl 2016: Latest wave of Alabama players continue to impress in Mobile | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WBMA
"Playing in very meaningful games later in the year on a national stage, just have coaches have those extra game films to study definitely I feel like gives us an edge," Drake said.
"A lot of them want to play at the next level, so we try to have the program, the coaches to get them to develop to be all they can be as football players, which obviously gives them the best chance to have a chance at the next level," Saban added.
No better recruiting tool than putting guys in the NFL consistently.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.