What was the moment when Alabama became more than a football team to you?

tmv85

All-SEC
I am not from Alabama, but moved here in middle school. I never really watched football all through school. Most of my friends were Alabama fans, but at that point it wasn't interesting for me to start watching college football. I grew up with Pro sports and never thought about college sports. It wasn't till Saban got here that I started watching it in 2007.

I went to my first Bama game in 2008. And I fell in "love" with the game of football and Alabama. The fans and atmosphere of the game was it for me. I haven't never looked back, I am definitely the biggest fan out of all my friends and family.

I am one of those that at the watching parties for football, I am on the couch paying attention to the game with the men. All the women are in the kitchen and chatting it up...lol. Sorry, but I need to watch my Bama play. ;)
Yeah, I'm that female hanging out with the guys too. I would rather go to a football game than go shopping.

I never remember being anything other than a Bama fan. One of my earliest memories of Alabama football was the 1975 Sugar Bowl against Penn State when I had just turned 9. I'm not sure why that game stands out to me, but I remember watching it and having a brief moment of being sad for Penn State, but I was more excited Bama won.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I grew up in Birmingham and my dad was an active member of the Jefferson County chapter of the Alabama Alumni Association (and president later on). Because of this, we attended the football banquet every year sponsored by the Jefferson and Shelby County chapters. I remember going to one in particular in 1989 when I was about to turn 8 years old and being star-struck by the players and coaches. I remember there being some door prizes given out toward the end of the banquet and I won 4 tickets to a basketball game. I walked up to the front of the room and got my tickets from Coach Curry and got to shake his hand. Of course I had no idea he'd be gone just a month later. After the banquet was over I got autographs from my favorite players and coaches. This was when Alabama Football became bigger than just guys on the field or TV. I felt like I had a personal connection that carries to this day. I went to many more team banquets over the years, met many more players and their families, but that first one will always be with me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.