NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

"I'm not tempted to cheat, but if someone comes up with a way to be competitive, against Bama................well, what do you expect me to do? Follow the rules, or look the other way? Hey, I got a family to feed. Just sayin'."

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

Quote from Hugh from the article: “I know what my staff hears from me every single day,” he said. “I know what our players hear. On our campus and in our building, there is an atmosphere of compliance. They’re all around us every single day. We preach it."

You preach it. But do you practice what you preach? Methinks not.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN

Tony Barnhart was on the OD this morning and Tony Kurre asked him about a rumor of a big story that was about to break regarding Ole Miss. He indicated that he had heard the same thing. I think this is far from over.
You think this means a sanction is about to be handed down, or that there were even more violations found?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Quote from Hugh from the article: “I know what my staff hears from me every single day,” he said. “I know what our players hear. On our campus and in our building, there is an atmosphere of compliance. They’re all around us every single day. We preach it."
Take your money and keep your mouth shut--that's compliance, AMIRITE!!?!?!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Is it possible Freeze is the ignorant dimwit that lands all of these players that boosters pay for, without the knowledge of said payments?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Is it possible Freeze is the ignorant dimwit that lands all of these players that boosters pay for, without the knowledge of said payments?
There is a perfect example going on at the barn for the past few years. Alumni and big boosters don't want a CNS type running the program. They would rather hire a Chizick, Malzhaghn, Freeze type who is just glad to be there and too stupid to question. Why Freeze thought all of this 5* talent heading there to play for a high school coach with college head coaching experience of 3 years (2 of those at Lambuth) looked a little funny. I bet if you ask NFL GM's and scouts in 2012 if they had ever heard of hugh freeze more than half would have said no.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Plausible deniability is how this game of prospects works

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You think this means a sanction is about to be handed down, or that there were even more violations found?
There has been talk for awhile they would receive a second letter. Most likely what was been alluded to.

Some internet chatter that the letter arrived this week. TIFWIW.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

I remember watching an interview after they signed their highly ranked class when a reporter asked HF how they managed to sign such a haul of talented recruits. With a big eyed, deer in the headlights look HF said "I don't know", and then went on to basically say they were just good ole god fearing guys going to help them get back to winning championships etc etc.

I remember thinking he comes off as honestly thinking that they just wanted to play for OM and help bring OM back to the top.

IF he was that naive at the time, I'm sure he found out the truth shortly after. I have no doubt he knows what went on and goes on now.

Or, he was always a fraud and knew they were buying players from the get go.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

You're asking if he's Mike DuBose?

Pretty much. Though as time has passed I've come to believe DuBose knew all about what was going on.
YAHTZI !!! :wink:

And, although I have no inside info, I'd venture to say this is catalyst to Earl's statement that Dabo will never coach at Bama in the future.

Last edited:

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida

I think Freeze watched Saban's interview with Finebaum yesterday and thought he could get snippy with him too. Paul held his feet to the fire on this one.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

What are you saying, that Dabo was a cheater?

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

I know this is old news but this is a great summary from Red Cup Rebellion http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016...ve-of-allegations-investigation-laremy-tunsil

You serious, Clark? Here is his original story from May 27:

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016...llegations-response-laremy-tunsil-hugh-freeze

To say he is only regurgitating #the Network's "narrative" would be an understatement. In two stories on the response there is not one word about Freeze's involvement. Point #8 of the original article:

Level I:
On a slew of occasions, a booster provided four recruits with a slew of impermissible benefits: free transportation, free meals, phone bills, clothing, etc. Current assistant coach Maurice Harris was not only aware of this, but helped arrange the benefits for two of the recruits. The response confirms this.

"The response confirms this". Yet this is what they are attempting to get knocked down to a Level 2. There is a full blown argument of that point continuing and will be a part of Ole Miss's response to the Committee on Infractions. This is why there was no summary disposition. They most certainly DO NOT AGREE with the NCAA's findings. Under this sub-heading is the charge that Freeze, Harris, and the booster were together on several occasions and in several different locations with recruit(s) present. No mention of that in either article. If they confirm, Harris is dead, and so is Freeze.

And from your link-----------

"How Chris Vaughn and David Saunders fudged signees' ACT scores.

This is certainly Ole Miss' most egregious offense, not least because a monetary value can't be attached to the impermissible benefit. The response letter staunchly disavows that anyone else in the athletics department knew about Vaughn's and Saunders' coordinated efforts to falsify ACT scores in 2010. They acted alone, according to the university, full stop."

What?----just in 2010? Why would that be worded that way?

Set up line from the original story was this-------quote-----
Level I: Former Houston Nutt assistants David Saunders and Chris Vaughn allegedly helped rig ACT results for three recruits in 2010. Ole Miss confirmed this after interviewing the recruits and studying their answer sheets, but insists but described the fraud as an isolated incident "carried out by two rogue staff members long‐since separated from the University."

First, Saunders was NOT an assistant on that staff. Nutt wanted to hire him and the AD at the time would not allow it. Saunders was a $12 / hour clerk who threatened a lawsuit to get what Ole Miss promised him when they hired him. Nobody has ever heard from that lawsuit again and my gamble is #the Network settled it and they parted ways. Saunders went to ULL and Ole Miss hired Hugh Freeze. They were not about to let Freeze hire him because they knew what he was.

The problem with Ole Miss's answer that two "rogue staff members" carried out this violation on their own is the fact that one of those "rogue staff members" had worked under two previous Ole Miss coaches for almost seven total years prior to this incident. I'm certain he and a guy who had only been in Mississippi about a year and a half set up this scam all by themselves---with an even better point being that Saunders had been recruiting that area for six previous years and (insert sarcasm font) I'm certain this was his first and only time to pull that trick at Wayne County. Especially when he was Jerrell Powe's recruiter back in 2006.

If you are attempting to believe what the Ole Miss Athletics Department is selling, I'll agree that the Red Cup Rebellion summary is great. If you want the truth, you'll not get anything close to it from there.

ULL has filed suit against ACT in which they will attempt to prove that ACT has known about this scam for many years, all the way back to the mid 90's. If testimony comes out of that trial that Ole Miss has been using that honey hole for almost 20 years and Saunders found out about it from Ole Miss people? That is why the response is worded the way it is mentioning 2010 specifically.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.

I remember watching an interview after they signed their highly ranked class when a reporter asked HF how they managed to sign such a haul of talented recruits. With a big eyed, deer in the headlights look HF said "I don't know", and then went on to basically say they were just good ole god fearing guys going to help them get back to winning championships etc etc.

I remember thinking he comes off as honestly thinking that they just wanted to play for OM and help bring OM back to the top.

IF he was that naive at the time, I'm sure he found out the truth shortly after. I have no doubt he knows what went on and goes on now.

Or, he was always a fraud and knew they were buying players from the get go.
OM is one big fraud, you can't get back to somewhere you've never been. They were co-champs of the SEC 13 years ago. You have to go back 40 years from then (1963) for their previous one.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

OM is one big fraud, you can't get back to somewhere you've never been. They were co-champs of the SEC 13 years ago. You have to go back 40 years from then (1963) for their previous one.
If we're being honest:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.