NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

CA - it has expanded well past Tunsil. Word in N MS is that the NCAA has been all over everywhere looking into any and everything that has gone on with Ole Miss recruiting in the last four years. Lately they have found some people willing to talk to them and they have a much clearer picture, even if they have nothing more. They are finally beginning to put the pieces together by doing what an investigative body is supposed to do---asking tons of people tons of questions.

The Clarion Ledger has been the Ole Miss mouthpiece for the better part of six months, printing everything the Ole Miss administration told them to print. For the CL to run with this story is like AL.com and Scarbinski exposing Tigers Unlimited.

Unless they have something very firm I really can't see why they would run it. The guy who wrote it has only been with the CL for less than a year and seems to skip around a bunch. I'll gamble he won't be around long.

The editor of the paper would not let him publish it unless its not true, or they are looking to send to AL.com for a new job.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

NCAA granting immunity to get info about Ole Miss. Seems like the NCAA is seriously pursuing this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

NCAA Enforcement representatives have visited Auburn and Mississippi State, and perhaps at least one more SEC Western Division school, this summer to speak with players who were recruited by Ole Miss. The players were granted immunity from potential NCAA sanctions in exchange for truthful accounts of their recruitment, sources said.
Going to take a guess we were the other SEC West school.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Have to wonder if any `17 OM recruits, committed or not, that we`ve also recruited might be having second thoughts (? ).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

That glorified high school coach beat Bama the last few years with overall lesser talent.
Ole Miss also tends to wear down later in the season. Ole Miss had several first round draft picks (bought and purchased) in their starting lineup. As long as those guys are out there and playing they're a heck of a way to neutralize the depth of an opponent. Golden State had a better bench than the Cavs, but the Cavs beat them by sticking with their starters. This sort of thing will not work through an entire season but it can and will work in isolated circumstances. Of course a little good luck doesn't hurt either. Point is though Ole Miss doesn't buy players and they don't beat Alabama (and neither does their coach). You might not realize the caliber of players they bought, but all three first round picks they had were suspect and every single one of those guys were seen as can't miss. You add those 3 guys to any SEC team and they would be hard to contend with.

New article from Forde just now. Sources: NCAA Ole Miss Investigation expands beyond Laremy Tunsil. Here's a snippet from the article
Looks like the NCAA is serious about this and the Ole Miss approach might be blowing up in their face. The only concerning part is the immunity thing. Sure, I mean I get it, Ole Miss did something dirty and these players are just exposing what Ole Miss did (without fear of being harmed by what Ole Miss did). But it does remind me just a tiny bit of the whole Fulmer episode, where he was able to deflect an NCAA investigation in his school by being a secret witness.

Either way though, if this is an accurate account Ole Miss is done for a long time.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

It is so refreshing to read this about another team that we have long felt has been cheating. Looks like their day is coming. I like our name being left out of this mess. Give me the poor decisions of a 19 yr. old any day that result in internal punishment or even sitting out a game anyday over the cloud of controversy the NCAA infractions bring.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

So, what's to keep these players who have been given "immunity", and who are now competing with Ole Miss, from supplying "made up facts" ??
It's not like they are under oath and can be charged with perjury? Just saying ?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

So, what's to keep these players who have been given "immunity", and who are now competing with Ole Miss, from supplying "made up facts" ??
It's not like they are under oath and can be charged with perjury? Just saying ?
One of them yeah, but if you have 4 or 5 players now at completing schools in the SEC telling the exact same facts that's pretty damning.

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL

This should be interesting...wanting the students to know that they are going to be protected to provide the truth..hmnmm...this could be interesting if they truly open up. But what if Ole Miss get to the players, if they know who they are, and decides to pay them to keep quiet...I mean, if they have paid them before, no doubt they would be willing to pay them again to keep quiet.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Released)

I remember when the original story broke about Ole Miss being investigated there were multiple players from just about every team in the SEC West that tweeted something along the lines of finally, not surprised or even gave accounts of different things they were offered (monetary) when they visited Ole Miss. This isn't isolated to a couple of rogue assistant coaches or players trying to bring down Ole Miss. Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss did this to themselves by openly buying or persuading players to come to Ole Miss. That's a fact that was proven by Tunisil's admission during the NFL draft fiasco. I get that all programs bend the rules but Ole Miss was so open and gregarious about it plus it sounds like they went way beyond just bending the rules..

Last edited:

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama

I'm sure the players they interview at Mississippi State won't throw Ole Miss under the bus or anything. hehe Should be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.