NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

WHEN they go on probation I expect many of the better players to bail for greener pastures, This new hot shot QB who's year of eligibility they just ....ed away will be the first one out the door.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

It's for the pain!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Well it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who sold him out. Gotta watch who you hang with, swag.
Yep. From what I've read he might not get drafted because of his injury and continuous off the field issues..

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Starting to hear rumblings in Lafayette County that Barney Farrar has been placed on leave.
Not much being tossed about but indicates the amended NOA is in.

Now we know why Barney was placed on administrative leave.

https://olemiss.rivals.com/news/mccready-10-weekend-thoughts-presented-by-harry-alexander-43

Quote -
5. Ole Miss associate athletic director for high school and community college relations Barney Farrar will meet with the NCAA on Tuesday afternoon, per multiple sources.
According to sources, Farrar will have to answer questions about an unauthorized cell phone that was used to contact prospective student-athletes. The NCAA, I’m told, learned about the phone (let’s not beat around the bush here; burner phones are a big part of the recruiting process) during immunity interviews with Mississippi State linebacker Leo Lewis.

The MSU gang has been telling the south about burner phones for 6 months.
According to the Ole Miss beat writer, evidently burner phones a big part of the recruiting process in some places.
MSU guys have also advised that Barney has been asked to resign on several different occasions and has refused.
His meeting with the NCAA was yesterday and coincidentally, the volume from the Rebel faithful kicked up a notch with accusations regarding MSU freshman linebacker Leo Lewis being a snitch and insinuations that the Ole Miss athletic department began videoing meetings with recruits who eventually signed with other schools and that they are going to burn down the conference.

Beginning to sound a lot like Barney's meeting didn't go well-----

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

I love how it is always MSU blowing the whistle on these things. It's like they tried to cheat too, but weren't very good at it so they turn others in out of spite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Now we know why Barney was placed on administrative leave.

https://olemiss.rivals.com/news/mccready-10-weekend-thoughts-presented-by-harry-alexander-43

Quote -
5. Ole Miss associate athletic director for high school and community college relations Barney Farrar will meet with the NCAA on Tuesday afternoon, per multiple sources.
According to sources, Farrar will have to answer questions about an unauthorized cell phone that was used to contact prospective student-athletes. The NCAA, I’m told, learned about the phone (let’s not beat around the bush here; burner phones are a big part of the recruiting process) during immunity interviews with Mississippi State linebacker Leo Lewis.

The MSU gang has been telling the south about burner phones for 6 months.
According to the Ole Miss beat writer, evidently burner phones a big part of the recruiting process in some places.
MSU guys have also advised that Barney has been asked to resign on several different occasions and has refused.
His meeting with the NCAA was yesterday and coincidentally, the volume from the Rebel faithful kicked up a notch with accusations regarding MSU freshman linebacker Leo Lewis being a snitch and insinuations that the Ole Miss athletic department began videoing meetings with recruits who eventually signed with other schools and that they are going to burn down the conference.

Beginning to sound a lot like Barney's meeting didn't go well-----
:eek:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I love how it is always MSU blowing the whistle on these things. It's like they tried to cheat too, but weren't very good at it so they turn others in out of spite.

Difference here would be Leo (btw was committed to Bama at one point) is at State unlike Cam. Since the NCAA offered immunity to players, State took the chance to get two great things - the player and OM in trouble.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm pretty sure the SEC front office will burn Oxford to the ground before letting them bring down the whole conference. They might want to reconsider that plan.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Wonder if any of us will live long enough to see what, if any, NCAA sanctions are levied against Ole Miss ?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Well it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who sold him out. Gotta watch who you hang with, swag.
With friends like that....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Recruiting is a dirty business and has been for longer than I have been alive. Ole Miss took it too far and got caught. And if the NCAA investigation of Cam showed us anything, it is that they will not accept recorded offers of payment and/or discussions of offers of payment to attend a school as evidence that a payment was actually made.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

That is exactly what the Ole Miss spin machine wants everyone to see from their slanted reporting. "This is not an Ole Miss problem". This is a jealous "little brother" problem. Never mind that they've been cheating their behinds off ---- never mind that Barney has been using a burner phone to call recruits, I presume to avoid NCAA limits and time constraints-----never mind that the head coach goes with boosters to in home visits and has boosters bring recruits to his home ---- never mind that they have been caught fixing ACT scores ----- never mind that Ole Miss has had three years or more to come clean about phone calls -----

never mind all that, this is a snitch problem.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Recruiting is a dirty business and has been for longer than I have been alive. Ole Miss took it too far and got caught. And if the NCAA investigation of Cam showed us anything, it is that they will not accept recorded offers of payment and/or discussions of offers of payment to attend a school as evidence that a payment was actually made.
Guess that speaks to the " if any " part of my post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.