NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Just waiting for the appeal to be denied so they can save some coin. Fire for cause = no buyout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are spot on here. They would owe him upwards of 7 mil if they fire him now. I really can't see Reverend Freeze or the AD making it long term. It's really interesting to see the reaction of the OM fans. Some want them to clean house, cut their losses and rebuild. Others want to go scorched earth and sue the NCAA and fight this to the to the bitter end.
This will be a lot of fun to watch the next 6 months. SEC media days will be interesting this year!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Anybody think someone other than CHF is HC at OM in September?
Doubt it based on the timeline. The hearing won't be until July or August. Then, they have to wait on the final punishment. They won't have time to fire with cause to save the money.

They aren't firing him until they get the final say from the NCAA.

dooger

Suspended
Dec 4, 2016

:conf3:

Just pointing out the potential employment difficulties of a HC blown up by the NCAA is 'piling on'?
In the long run the situation at OM does not help anyone. Unless you have the attitude which encourages tearing down all the tall buildings so you can have the tallest. Bama has encouraged growth and set the standard within the SEC and nationally for many years. Rather than frolic in the misery of other programs, let's be proud of our own. And, if you think the successful programs are totally "clean" I want some of what you are smoking. If OM is guilty of infractions they should be penalized. Let the NCAA do the dirty work, not Bama fans who are just PO'd about two losses in two straight years. Would Bama fans (of which I am one) be so vocal if the program in question was Vanderbilt or MSU?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

In the long run the situation at OM does not help anyone. Unless you have the attitude which encourages tearing down all the tall buildings so you can have the tallest. Bama has encouraged growth and set the standard within the SEC and nationally for many years. Rather than frolic in the misery of other programs, let's be proud of our own. And, if you think the successful programs are totally "clean" I want some of what you are smoking. If OM is guilty of infractions they should be penalized. Let the NCAA do the dirty work, not Bama fans who are just PO'd about two losses in two straight years. Would Bama fans (of which I am one) be so vocal if the program in question was Vanderbilt or MSU?
I'd be vocal about any program that was doing 150mph in a school zone, which is what OM has been doing. It has nothing to do with them beating Alabama two years in a row - it has everything to do with them being filthy and being flippant about it.

And for the record, this is a discussion board, and if we want to discuss this (it's a big deal in the world of football, which is why it's front page news on every sports website around), we'll discuss it. If it bothers you, go post somewhere else.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I think they will cut a deal with Freeze and he'll step down for an undisclosed settlement.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

...They aren't firing him until they get the final say from the NCAA.

Agreed, but for different reasons. I don't see how they could fire him for cause, and still appeal the charges leveled against him. It would seem that by firing him for cause, OM would be de facto acknowledging that the charges have merit...

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

I think they will cut a deal with Freeze and he'll step down for an undisclosed settlement.

Was even Jesus persecuted to this extent?

dooger

Suspended
Dec 4, 2016

I'd be vocal about any program that was doing 150mph in a school zone, which is what OM has been doing. It has nothing to do with them beating Alabama two years in a row - it has everything to do with them being filthy and being flippant about it.

And for the record, this is a discussion board, and if we want to discuss this (it's a big deal in the world of football, which is why it's front page news on every sports website around), we'll discuss it. If it bothers you, go post somewhere else.
A discussion board is based upon the exchange of opinions. My best guess is that we (Bama fans) would not even "bat the proverbial eye" if OM had not beaten us two years in a row. OM has their own problems. Let's not adopt their misery just so we can stick a thumb in their eye. It appears as though many Bama fans want to see OM fail more than we want Bama to succeed. Why all the vitriol toward a team we care nothing about? WWBD....What should Bear do??

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

A discussion board is based upon the exchange of opinions. My best guess is that we (Bama fans) would not even "bat the proverbial eye" if OM had not beaten us two years in a row. OM has their own problems. Let's not adopt their misery just so we can stick a thumb in their eye. It appears as though many Bama fans want to see OM fail more than we want Bama to succeed. Why all the vitriol toward a team we care nothing about? WWBD....What should Bear do??
Why don't you just drop it and let people do whatever they want? Drop the assumptions, drop the discussion about why people are talking about this.

Do not respond - let it go. Only warning.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

I think the better question is, "When did you go to Ole Miss?" Your experience on this board will not go well, with you insulting moderators.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

1. It's the off season. Discussions can only go so many places.

2. Large NCAA investigations don't happen all the time therefore it is interesting and even more it is happening to a team in our conference.

3. You can both talk about Ole Miss or whoever and support Alabama. Many of us are fans of both Alabama and college football in general.

4. You are generalizing the entire fan base over a few threads on a forum.

5. Attending UA is not a prerequisite for posting here or supporting Alabama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Your statements are why I "thought" you were lecturing us about what we think. I see now it was what you "guessed" we were thinking.

Let the NCAA do the dirty work, not Bama fans who are just PO'd about two losses in two straight years. Would Bama fans (of which I am one) be so vocal if the program in question was Vanderbilt or MSU?

My best guess is that we (Bama fans) would not even "bat the proverbial eye" if OM had not beaten us two years in a row. OM has their own problems.

You ARE assuming we are PO'd over losing 2 in a row. You are "best guessing" we are PO'd over losing.

But you are on Ole Miss for the right reason and we are on Ole Miss for the wrong reason. That is why I said "don't lecture me on what you assume or best guess I am thinking.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Winning many many more championships is obviously more important to Bama fans than what happens with any other program, especially a two-bit one like OM.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

For the record, Alabama fans -and fans of many other schools - were mad about Ole Miss after the 2013 class. Long before they beat any teams they normally wouldn't. Everyone knew something was up, and we've just been waiting on the NCAA to confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.