NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND all that was to say that things appear to be entering a realm of HOLY CRAP, HOLY FREAKING CRAP for those of us watching the Ol Miss investigation play out.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

Nothing. But, just listened to Cecil Hurt on Tide 102.9, and he said that it is likely the NCAA already knew the answers to the questions that they asked the players at the other schools.

exactly! How else would they know what to ask...? :cool2:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

North MS sources say it ain't just players getting get outta jail free cards---------

These guys say hello, too.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=209966230

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=205497727
Could be about the former staff
Brewer was the lone assistant coach who remained on the Mississippi staff after Houston Nutt was dismissed at the end of the year.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Could be about the former staff
Brewer was the lone assistant coach who remained on the Mississippi staff after Houston Nutt was dismissed at the end of the year.
Gunter Brewer looks like the preacher at your grandparents' church.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

The ones granted immunity to tell the truth about their recruitment by Ole Miss are at other schools. It'd be real hard for Ole Miss to pay those players.
Beside they paid so many they don't remember who they all are.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Gunter Brewer - son of the last Ole Miss coach to get them in a world of trouble../

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

They weren't given immunity from lying to the NCAA. If they do that, the NCAA can punish them then.
My bigger fear would be a kid lies and says yeah Ole Miss offered me a car nicer than the one SEC school X offered but, I knew it was wrong so I went to SEC school Y b/c they were above board.

Not up to the kid to prove.....

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

Is any of this going to come down before 2017? All the cheaters will be gone right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

My bigger fear would be a kid lies and says yeah Ole Miss offered me a car nicer than the one SEC school X offered but, I knew it was wrong so I went to SEC school Y b/c they were above board.

Not up to the kid to prove.....
I suspect the NCAA already knows something before they contact a school to ask if they can meet with a player about another school.

Is any of this going to come down before 2017? All the cheaters will be gone right?

Unless Hugh Freeze leaves, the main one will remain.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Who was the head coach of Michael Oher that the taco bell touhy's hid out for ole miss?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

And Hugh Freeze was his high school coach, right?
Yep. He's known for years how the game is played there. Why else do you hire a guy with 3 years head coaching experience at the college level (Two at Lambuth) to run an SEC program?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Released)

And Hugh Freeze was his high school coach, right?
Don't think so - unless Mr Freeze went from the private high school Oher was at to Sprindale Arkansas

Edit - oops - that was the Gus Bus carrying the Springdale 5

Yeah he was at Briarcrest - coached both Oher & Greg Hardy

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

I wonder if the funeral is a cryptic reference to the players about the NCAA's investigation? Telling his players, "We're caught, dead!" "You need to transfer now!" "My CFB coaching career is dead!" :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.