NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

This whole thing is looking bad every minute... They need to release the NOA to prove they're not hiding anything....

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS

According to chat on this morning's radio sports show from Jackson, MS the NCAA is still interviewing. That seems to be contrary to Ole Miss saying the investigation is over.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

According to chat on this morning's radio sports show from Jackson, MS the NCAA is still interviewing. That seems to be contrary to Ole Miss saying the investigation is over.
That goes along the line of thinking there's another NOA coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Memphis sports talk is relaying that Ole Miss had the NOA letter sent directly to their attorney, out of state. They do not have it so they don't / can't comply with FOI requests. Now for the funny part. Guess who has it? Our friends at Lighfoot, Franklin, and White. Now let me see if I can tie all this up.

An Auburn grad who played and coached under Pat Dye set up a scam to get people eligible for college with fake ACT scores.
He runs the scam for close to 15 years while 10 of those years he's working directly for Ole Miss. He gets caught. Ole Miss gets in trouble.
So Ole Miss goes to Bobby Lowder's personal lawyer? Ole Miss is in deeeeeep trouble.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Why can't the media or whoever just request a copy of the NOA? Isn't it public information?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Funny you should say that, if Auburn struggles next year, and the NCAA visits their wrath upon Ole Miss...
Wouldn't shock me a bit! The Barn would do it for no other reason than they think he has a formula for beating Bama.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Why can't the media or whoever just request a copy of the NOA? Isn't it public information?
The University of Mississippi as a public supported entity is required to oblige FOI requests---but they don't have it. LFW has it and they are not a publicly supported entity.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The University of Mississippi as a public supported entity is required to oblige FOI requests---but they don't have it. LFW has it and they are not a publicly supported entity.
Wouldn't the NCAA have it? Can it be requested from the NCAA?

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Wouldn't the NCAA have it? Can it be requested from the NCAA?
http://www.ncaa.org/enforcement/division-i-enforcement-operating-procedures

As far as the NCAA is concerned the NOA did not end it---it is still an open investigation until they get a response and the determination is made. Their policy is to neither affirm or deny that such a NOA exists. It will be subject to FOI requests once Ole Miss responds--that way you know they got it. That is why the date is important. Response is due in 90 days. But because there is a NOA we can all assume the case is NOT subject to summary disposition. That brings this into play-

From the NCAA rule book----
the following are elements that suggest a case may not be appropriate for summary disposition -

a. allegation of unethical conduct
b. allegation of lack of institutional control
c. alleged violation of the cooperative principle
d. The institution or an individual has been involved in separate violations in the past five years
e. disagreement on material facts
f. significant Level I recruiting or extra benefit violations
g. Involves Level I academic misconduct allegations
h. unique issues not seen by the committee in 10 years
i. enforcement staff misconduct

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

So,... They found a loophole?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/02/ole_miss_assistant_football_re.html

don't really know why I am adding this here, it is unrelated

Ole Miss assistant football recruiting director Branden Wenzel has resigned, according to multiple reports.

Wenzel — who was in charge of on-campus recruiting for the Rebels — resigned within the last week, the Clarion-Ledger of Jackson is reporting. However, the school is insisting that Wenzel's departure is not related to the recently revealed NCAA case against Ole Miss involving the Rebels' football, women's basketball and track & field programs, and that Wenzel planned to pursue a career in athletic administration.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

IMO before I resigned from a job I would have another one lined up. Maybe he does but why wouldn't that be announced also. J/S
this is all unrelated, the letter is about Nutt, this guy just wants to do go sell insurance as it is very typical for a guy that landed a top 10 class during an NCAA probe to suddenly quit with no other offer on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.