NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

...Don't worry though, according to them they will be in the National Championship Race next year.

Patterson is better as a freshman than Kelly is as a Senior.
All their players are Freshman or Sophomores.
They should be preseason ranked #1.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

24/7 Ole Miss site reporting today that the belief in the Ole Miss administration is that the amended NOA is inbound.

Logic says the new / revised allegations are not less than the originals. Ole Miss will have 90 days to respond. If the timeline is accurate and they do not yet have the revised NOA, they will not have to respond until after signing day in February.

From there the NCAA will take 60 to 90 days to review the response and begin to schedule a meeting with the committee on infractions (generally 2 to 4 months out.) The meeting with the committee on infractions will present Ole Miss with the appropriate forum to verbally present their side of the story and will lead to another wait for the COI to determine the appropriate sanctions, generally another two to three months.

With what we assume to be the stance from Ole Miss(din do nuttin'), the appeals process will kick in with another round concluding, most likely, just prior to signing day, 2018. Based on what the last year has done to their next recruiting class, they better hope Patterson is as good as they claim.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

24/7 Ole Miss site reporting today that the belief in the Ole Miss administration is that the amended NOA is inbound.

Logic says the new / revised allegations are not less than the originals. Ole Miss will have 90 days to respond. If the timeline is accurate and they do not yet have the revised NOA, they will not have to respond until after signing day in February.

From there the NCAA will take 60 to 90 days to review the response and begin to schedule a meeting with the committee on infractions (generally 2 to 4 months out.) The meeting with the committee on infractions will present Ole Miss with the appropriate forum to verbally present their side of the story and will lead to another wait for the COI to determine the appropriate sanctions, generally another two to three months.

With what we assume to be the stance from Ole Miss(din do nuttin'), the appeals process will kick in with another round concluding, most likely, just prior to signing day, 2018. Based on what the last year has done to their next recruiting class, they better hope Patterson is as good as they claim.
Which by then Freeze and the other coaching staff is long gone by then......

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

If I were Ole Miss & knew I was about to get hammered by the NCAA..

I'd go ahead & just get 'er done with any sanctions coming my way..

There's no sense in trolling that NCAA Black Cloud hoping it goes away cause it's not..Take their best shot & move on with life MN..JMHO

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

There's no sense in trolling that NCAA Black Cloud hoping it goes away cause it's not..Take their best shot & move on with life MN..JMHO
Yep, just get it out of the way so you can prepare for the future. Quit lying to these recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

If you mean settling with the NCAA, they tried that - and the NCAA said "no thanks'.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Hugh and the AD did not do themselves any favors in the off season on their "we haven't done anything tour." I think they are going to get hammered.
Yep - Mr. Freeze ain't hollering "Where's the proof? Show me the proof!" Anymore.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Yep - Mr. Freeze ain't hollering "Where's the proof? Show me the proof!" Anymore.

That was a pretty dumb thing for him to do.

Like walking in on a child who's face is smeared dark with chocolate and saying,
"Johnny, I know you ate Dad's candy."
"PROVE IT."
"(Sigh)"

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I don't recall a school so absurdly corrupt that the NCAA had to NOA them twice in the same investigation. I believe they are breaking new ground here. I guess Freeze will be famous for something besides being portrayed in the Blind Side movie.

I was thinking this morning that one reason they have still been able to sign blue chippers is that most of them are too young to remember what happens when the NCAA actually hammers a program

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US

I was thinking this morning that one reason they have still been able to sign blue chippers is that most of them are too young to remember what happens when the NCAA actually hammers a program
I think Oxford is going to feel like the NCAA dug up William Tecumseh Sherman before this one is over. SEC football isn't much fun to watch when your roster is full of three star players due to massive scholarship reductions.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I think Oxford is going to feel like the NCAA dug up William Tecumseh Sherman before this one is over. SEC football isn't much fun to watch when your roster is full of three star players due to massive scholarship reductions.
'member when we used to hope for a garbage time score so that we would lose by less than two touchdowns?

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)

'member when we used to hope for a garbage time score so that we would lose by less than two touchdowns?
Pepperidge Farms remembers.

I remember the free gallon of windshield wiper fluid with ticket stub if Bama scored more than 28 points promotion--or something like that. (My undergrad and grad school years at Bama were 2000-2007...fun times.)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Man this is exactly what OM should do. You nailed it TM09. Go ahead and get it over and try to rebuild it the right way!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Man this is exactly what OM should do. You nailed it TM09. Go ahead and get it over and try to rebuild it the right way!
The NCAA has already told them no when they tried to make a deal after the first letter. No way do they now decide to make a deal after originally saying no.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

The NCAA has already told them no when they tried to make a deal after the first letter. No way do they now decide to make a deal after originally saying no.

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.