NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

Let me guess: IF the suspension happens at all, it will only be for the first two games.:rolleyes:
Most likely wouldn't be this season. They still haven't met with the committee on infractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

They may prove me wrong, but I feel like the NCAA is going to use this case to show it has "teeth" again.

They wanted to nail Miami, but screwed up its own case.

UNC is dragging things out as long as possible to try and soften things, so they haven't been able to nail them.

Ole Miss comes along and has a ridiculous amount of impropriety over multiple sports, and then (football wise) tries to place all blame on the last regime. The NCAA has their chance to finally "get someone".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Hahahaha, I'm sure his "suspension" will be with pay. Wow, what a huge punishment. You go home and still get paid millions while we act like it was a huge punishment. Those in power keep making the bucks while the suckers act like those "punishments" matter. Comical, but typical!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Some OM fans are still whistling past the graveyard but several I know have become very worried...
Talked to someone I know from my time in Mississippi last week. His OM family is starting to get worried after hearing some not so pleasant things.

timmer0911

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Mobile, AL

Saying something is "in play" is like saying rain is "in play" on the Gulf Coast. It's always in play........whether it happens or not depends on several factors. The death penalty was "in play" when the NZAA was looking at our punishment. Is a suspension in play??? Possibly! Is it gonna happen? Prob not

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

My OM friends who were previously whistling pas the graveyard have gotten quite jumpy lately. one of them, the one more closely plugged in, thinks it's going to be bad.

This is from he article linked above:
Ole Miss could also see its football program’s case tried at the highest possible level, said John G. Long, a lawyer who operates his own firm that handles NCAA cases in Austin, Texas.

“You’re talking about boosters, you’re talking about coaches, you’re talking about academic violations, you’re talking about assistants that are lying to the NCAA enforcement,” said Long, who isn’t part of Ole Miss’ case. “We’re not talking about a case here where there are some administrative mistakes and some kids were ineligible because they were in the wrong majors.

“I find it hard to believe that they’re going to say that it’s a Level I with mitigation. A win for Ole Miss would be if it’s processed as just a standard Level I on the penalty side. I think it’s very realistic that the Committee on Infractions will … see it as an aggravated case.”

A Level I-Aggravated case carries a postseason ban of two to four years.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

The article didn't really say what the time frame for a decision is on this case. Does anyone know if this is the kind of thing that is coming out before the season, or will this drag into the fall, or winter, or beyond?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The article didn't really say what the time frame for a decision is on this case. Does anyone know if this is the kind of thing that is coming out before the season, or will this drag into the fall, or winter, or beyond?
They're still investigating the Tunsil draft day stuff - I'd be surprised if we hear anything before early 2017.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Well, well, well.... They'll get what they deserve, hopefully. Everyone has known for years something is going on there, and finally something will be done about it.

.....but this is the NCAA.
You mean you don't buy Hugh freeze suddenly miraculously emerging as one of the top Recruiters in the country even despite being at a place like Ole Miss?

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

CA - it has expanded well past Tunsil. Word in N MS is that the NCAA has been all over everywhere looking into any and everything that has gone on with Ole Miss recruiting in the last four years. Lately they have found some people willing to talk to them and they have a much clearer picture, even if they have nothing more. They are finally beginning to put the pieces together by doing what an investigative body is supposed to do---asking tons of people tons of questions.

The Clarion Ledger has been the Ole Miss mouthpiece for the better part of six months, printing everything the Ole Miss administration told them to print. For the CL to run with this story is like AL.com and Scarbinski exposing Tigers Unlimited.

Unless they have something very firm I really can't see why they would run it. The guy who wrote it has only been with the CL for less than a year and seems to skip around a bunch. I'll gamble he won't be around long.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

You mean you don't buy Hugh freeze suddenly miraculously emerging as one of the top Recruiters in the country even despite being at a place like Ole Miss?
Why wouldn't 5* players want to play for a glorified high school football and girls basketball coach with the college head coaching experience of 3 years (2 at Lambuth and 1 at Ar. St.) He was hired there just like chizik and malzaughn at au because the boosters and big wigs can run all over them.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

That glorified high school coach beat Bama the last few years with overall lesser talent.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

That glorified high school coach beat Bama the last few years with overall lesser talent.
I guess two is a "few", though in this case "few" sounds like 4 or 5. Last year he had the luck of a powerball winner: 5 TOs, including 2 KORs; one once in a lifetime fluke that turned a likely Bama int for a TD to a 66 yd OM TD; one illegal play for a third and long 73 yd TD. Only a team like Bama could overcome all of that and be driving late for the GW TD and just lose by 6. I do give him credit for "acquiring" the talent to take advantage of the gifts.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

And if Colt didn't get injured!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.