NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

NCAA has went away from forfeiture for the most part. Vacating a win still means a loss for the sanctioned team's opponent.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

2007 is officially a 2-6 season. 06 is 0-7, 05 is 0-2. 21 wins vacated because of a clerical loophole using the same software that 60+ D1 teams used. I guess Bama kids were the only ones smart enough to find it. Bama self-reported and the NCAA hammered them again - what wonderful justice. Of course when the media or other opponents refer to it, it's called the "textbook scandal". If ND, Mich, etc. had suffered the same fate, it would be referred to as the "unfortunate glitch". PSU gets caught molesting young boys and gets their "vacations" restored because the original sentence was "too harsh". What a world.
You are correct - brain was not 100% functional at that time of the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

24/7 recruiting for 2017:
# 2 Alabama
# 3 Georgia
# 4 LSU
# 9 Texas A&M
#10 Tennessee
#13 Auburn
#14 Florida
#15 S Carolina
#21 Miss St
#24 Arkansas
#33 Ole Miss

It appears the money has dried up, LOL.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Just got off a couple Ole Miss fan boards and they are blaming Alabama and Miss St for their problems. Yes, it is our fault. And also we are a bunch of cheaters and they want the NCAA to camp out in Tuscaloosa as they are in Oxford. Haha. Funny stuff. Interesting enough, many think they can still win out and get a big bowl. Tsk, tsk.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Just got off a couple Ole Miss fan boards and they are blaming Alabama and Miss St for their problems. Yes, it is our fault. And also we are a bunch of cheaters and they want the NCAA to camp out in Tuscaloosa as they are in Oxford. Haha. Funny stuff. Interesting enough, many think they can still win out and get a big bowl. Tsk, tsk.
That crew makes the foil-hatted barners look sane and reasonable.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

The Ole Miss program is about to have a critical meltdown. Auburn will probably run for 500 yards on them or more because we know with Malzhan being so close to losing his job a few weeks ago he isn't going let his food off the gas. And if you watch closely the NCAA tends to avoid punishing teams that are winning, but when they stop making money for the "TV People", that's when they show up like the grim reaper.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I suspect they will go 3-2 over the last five games and finish 6-6. I don't see State or Vandy beating them.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA

Could Ed Orgeron possibly be one of the focal points of the investigation into Ole Miss, and could that be something that the LSU folks are watching as they ponder whether or not they can offer him the job? If i recall hearing correctly, there were many things being looked into at Ole Miss that centers around the Big O.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

I suspect they will go 3-2 over the last five games and finish 6-6. I don't see State or Vandy beating them.
They will save lots of money on the bowl game expenses seeing how short of a travel it is to Birmingham. Maybe this is a good year to self impose a bowl game restriction.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Glad Coach O found an SEC team he can beat !

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Well, all they have to do to make that argument is REASONABLY and LOGICALLY explain Laremy Tunsil admitting on national television that Ole Miss paid him....

(I've been waiting 25 years now for any Auburn fan who actually believes we somehow caused the Eric Ramsey scandal to deal with that one, too; Ramsey was recruited in the 1986 recruiting cycle and redshirted in 1986 so why would Alabama need help when they'd won 11 of the last 13 games against Auburn?????)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Ole Miss would be truly brave to give up a trip to Birmingham to atone for their misdeeds in recruiting and student-athlete benefits.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Ole Miss would be truly brave to give up a trip to Birmingham to atone for their misdeeds in recruiting and student-athlete benefits.
Colonel Freeze approves this and wants the media to know it was his idea.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I wonder who will win the high school classic this week in Oxford?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

24/7 recruiting for 2017:
# 2 Alabama
# 3 Georgia
# 4 LSU
# 9 Texas A&M
#10 Tennessee
#13 Auburn
#14 Florida
#15 S Carolina
#21 Miss St
#24 Arkansas
#33 Ole Miss

It appears the money has dried up, LOL.
FYI, they've currently dropped to 53rd after losing two recruits this week...

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

FYI, they've currently dropped to 53rd after losing two recruits this week...
Look dude, check your privilege. Really that stands for all of you. I'm sick and tired of the conspiracy that EVERYONE has regarding what was and is ONLY a coincidence between the rise of a rural, small town college to a level of nationwide prominence as a top recruiting program in the same league as Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, Nick Saban at Bama, and Urban Meyer at Ohio state.

Right now they just happen to have a down recruiting period, dropping over 40 spots from previous years recruiting classes which is in NO way related to current investigations, boosters moving to cover their tracks more than they had previously, or potential players losing interest due to their chance at additional benefits no longer being available.

Blue font for all dat above btw.

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Look dude, check your privilege. Really that stands for all of you. I'm sick and tired of the conspiracy that EVERYONE has regarding what was and is ONLY a coincidence between the rise of a rural, small town college to a level of nationwide prominence as a top recruiting program in the same league as Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, Nick Saban at Bama, and Urban Meyer at Ohio state.

Right now they just happen to have a down recruiting period, dropping over 40 spots from previous years recruiting classes which is in NO way related to current investigations, boosters moving to cover their tracks more than they had previously, or potential players losing interest due to their chance at additional benefits no longer being available.

Wow tat - you had me on that without the blue font. I thought you had lost your mind. [emoji79]

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I thought it was because Ms. Blind Side Tuohy had stopped providing free taco bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.