NCAA Secret Suspensions

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The missing assistants: It would be worth your while to check the sidelines next season. Do a simple head count of the coaching staff. An increasing number of assistant coaches have been suspended without public knowledge.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...eres-how-cheating-is-still-rampant-in-college

There has been a conscious effort in the new penalty structure not to reveal those who have been suspended. “If the question is, 'Are coaches being suspended from games far more frequently?' Yes,” said Gene Marsh, a veteran attorney who has spent much of his career representing schools and coaches in NCAA cases.

Secret witnesses, secret suspensions. What is next? Secret probation and secret bowl bans?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The missing assistants: It would be worth your while to check the sidelines next season. Do a simple head count of the coaching staff. An increasing number of assistant coaches have been suspended without public knowledge.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...eres-how-cheating-is-still-rampant-in-college

There has been a conscious effort in the new penalty structure not to reveal those who have been suspended. “If the question is, 'Are coaches being suspended from games far more frequently?' Yes,” said Gene Marsh, a veteran attorney who has spent much of his career representing schools and coaches in NCAA cases.

Secret witnesses, secret suspensions. What is next? Secret probation and secret bowl bans?
I have always thought the enforcement was fickle and that the NCAA decided to tone things down the last few years after a lot if negative press, especially Penn State and pulling a Heisman trophy. "Secret Probation".....that is an interesting thought, they could do it for minor things. Bad press is bad for business! This isn't 1995 anymore.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I have always thought the enforcement was fickle and that the NCAA decided to tone things down the last few years after a lot if negative press, especially Penn State and pulling a Heisman trophy. "Secret Probation".....that is an interesting thought, they could do it for minor things. Bad press is bad for business! This isn't 1995 anymore.
The NCAA didn't pull a Heisman. The Heisman Trust voted and agreed to take Bush's Heisman back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The NCAA didn't pull a Heisman. The Heisman Trust voted and agreed to take Bush's Heisman back.

Correction then. But still bad publicity and just my opinion that they back off sometimes, and have been in that state as of recent.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm guessing he's talking about coaches who are quietly prohibited from recruiting for a period of time? I do assume that is more common than people realize.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm guessing he's talking about coaches who are quietly prohibited from recruiting for a period of time? I do assume that is more common than people realize.
There are times when coaches could also not coach a game, though. Who notices if the WR coach isn't present during a game?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.