JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Recruiting 2016: Bama’s final attack plan as Signing Day approaches
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
January 31st, 2016 09:50 PM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Jan. 31, 2016 Those who cover college football recruiting have found something as rare as a flawless diamond: Consensus. Consensus, in this case, on a concept – the 2015-2016 recruiting season has been the hardest to predict or analyze in history. Given how many prospects treat another concept – the […]

Read More Here

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jess, I don't recall Dontavious Jackson ever being committed to Bama. Yulee, OTOH, was. Jackson is considered a possibility from what I've read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Jess, I don't recall Dontavious Jackson ever being committed to Bama. Yulee, OTOH, was. Jackson is considered a possibility from what I've read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had information that he was committed to the staff. He, Cole and Yulee were going to be part of this class at one point. None of them appear to be a part of it now, however.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I had information that he was committed to the staff. He, Cole and Yulee were going to be part of this class at one point. None of them appear to be a part of it now, however.
Interesting on Jackson that's the first time I heard it anywhere. Regarding the other 2 backers, Yulee was going to be academically difficult to qualify and Cole was a project at best. Hopefully we replace all 3 with 3 5 stars. :cool2:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Jess - for the future at Jack, I noticed you didn't mention Rashan Evans as a possibility. If that's the case, you think the staff might move him to more of an inside role so he has a shot at real PT. If he stays at Sam, I wouldn't think he'd get the kind of looks he needs to make it to the NFL since we sub that spot out so much.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Jess - for the future at Jack, I noticed you didn't mention Rashan Evans as a possibility. If that's the case, you think the staff might move him to more of an inside role so he has a shot at real PT. If he stays at Sam, I wouldn't think he'd get the kind of looks he needs to make it to the NFL since we sub that spot out so much.
Would love to see Rashan Evans in the middle. He would be like having a Derrick Brooks clone. The closing speed he has is insane.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I don't believe Evans has the frame for Jack. Our ideal Jack is a guy who can play DE against a balanced team. Tim Williams, who is thicker than Rashaan Evans, wasn't able to handle that role until this year.

I do believe Evans will get more work inside this upcoming year. I do not believe he will start there. I expect Shaun Dion Hamilton and Reuben Foster to be the starters. Evans will end up playing much the same way Cory Reamer did as a senior -- starts at SLB, moves inside for nickel/dime sets. He's going to end up taking snaps from Hamilton when that happens.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Looks like UA has taken Lashley over Dickerson at OL. I had a pretty good idea UA was taking one more OL but felt it would be Dickerson due to his ability to play either in or out. Still a good take for UA, however.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.